Post Clean eating - before and after (Pictures)

Options
2»

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You have 15lbs to lose from the picture on the right? :huh:
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    You do NOT look like a person with fifteen pounds to lose.

Congratulations of your successful loss. Be careful, though. Don't get too thin.
    I was thinking that too.

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    TL;DR -The pictures on the LEFT are when I was 100% clean eating.... Yes the pictures on the left. Pictures on the right are my diet of pizza, french fries and pasta! 37b0eejb8sjw.jpg

4f6wc5ezonu6.jpg

I was told by MANY people that, "Oh all you need to do is eat clean and you can eat as much as you want!" And for someone that is always hungry and never full, I thought this was awesome. Well after a year of clean eating I did lose 15 pounds but then I started gaining weight... I was so confused. I was spending soooooo much money on whole organic foods and gaining weight?! I decided to try MFP... I set it to lose .5 pounds a week (because if I was eating all healthy food I would probably lose like 2 pounds a week <--- what I actually thought) I started coming on the forums and I learned everything I have learned about losing weight is wrong:

A calorie is a calorie no matter what?
    I can eat pizza and lose weight?
    I can eat butter and lose weight?! (butter is my favorite food)
    I don't HAVE to eat breakfast if I don't want to?
    Eating 5 small meals during the day WON'T make my metabolism faster?
    I can still drink alcoholic beverages?
    I can eat after 7pm and it won't be stored as fat?! <
    Once I learned this wasn't true... the last 7 pounds just fell off.

The picture on the left I'm about 168 and the picture on the right I'm about 149. The 2 pictures were taken 4 months apart.

I still have 15 pounds to lose to my, "goal weight," but I want to weigh that much by July 2016 so I'll still with my .5 pounds a week to lose until then.
    WoW! nice!

• MamaOfThree88
    MamaOfThree88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WTG! Unfortunately, this does not apply to everyone. As someone with autoimmune disease, it is best to do an AIP Paleo/Gluten Free lifestyle. In the 3 months I've done it, I lost 33lbs and counting! Not saying that what you are doing is wrong, but clean eating is the way to go for some!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Love this thread...just sayin'.
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Are you strength training as well?
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good job, I downed an entire pint of icecream last night, was still down this morning
  • stephanierosemfp
    stephanierosemfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Thank you for sharing!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I have an autoimmune disease and don't eat paleo/gf... Where did you hear of this?

Using AIP (AutoImmune Protocol Paleo) has not been approved or recognized by most western medical doctors. It has however gathered quite a following of people who actually have autoimmune diseases. After learning recently that my Hypothyroidism is from Hashimotos I am going to try it out myself. I've had 15 years of symptoms, even when my numbers are normal, and I'm willing to try it to see if it will help. It certainly can't hurt.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!