THAT'S HOW MANY CALORIES!?

Options
went to rubey tuesdays and I decided to get a steak house buger I'm glad I look first that sucker was over 1400 calories and that's not counting the fries...... what foods did you use to eat then seen how much calories was in it.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Everything fried. Burgers, Fries, Chips, Philly Cheese Steaks, Soft Pretzels
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    semi sweet chocolate chips. 1tbsp of those (and we all know i ate them by the HANDFULS not tbsps) is 70 calories.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    The sodium was probably that too or even higher
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    a "healthy" wrap from muffin break. ignoring the 628 calories in it, check out the ingredients.

Ingredients: Tortilla (Wheat Flour, Water, Vegetable Oil (Blended
    Oils, Antioxidant (320) And/or (306) Or (319)), Sugar, Salt,
    Baking Powder (Mineral Salts (500,450,341)), Preservative
    (282,220), Mineral Salt (500), Food Acid (297), Emulsifier (472e),
    Maize Starch, Bakery Enzyme, Flour Treatment Agent (223)),
    Crumbed Chicken Breast (29%) (Chicken (41%), Water, Cereal
    (Wheat, Maize), Cottonseed Oil (Antioxidant 320), Salt, Predust
    (Gluten, Egg), Starch (Tapioca, Maize), Sugar, Soy Protein,
    Yeast, Maltodextrin, Mineral Salts (339,450,451,500,541), Milk
    Solids, Spices, Flavour Enhancers (627, 631), Colours (102,
    110)), Lettuce, Tomato, Parmesan Cheese (Parmesan Cheese
    [Pasteurised Milk, Salt, Cultures, Enzymes (Rennet, Lipase)],
    Anticaking Agent (460), Preservative (200)), Caesar Dressing
    (3.5%) (Water, Vegetable Oil, Vinegar, Sugar, Parmesan, Cream,
    Garlic, Egg, Salt, Food Acid (270), Spice, Vegetable Gum (415),
    Antioxidant (320)), Mayonnaise (Water, Sugar, Vinegar, Vegetable
    Oil, Thickener (1422), Salt, Egg, Mustard, Vegetable Gum (415),
    Milk Solids Non Fat, Antioxidant (320), Natural Colour (101, 160(A))

ouch.
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm an "anything salty" lover and I was still shocked to see that a small poutine from NY Fries has 710 calories...for a small!? Wow
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm an "anything salty" lover and I was still shocked to see that a small poutine from NY Fries has 710 calories...for a small!? Wow

that hurts. really, it does.
  • debbie4health
    Options
    Wow, 1400 calories!!! That's insane, glad you checked first!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My favorite, Chicken Club Nachos from Moe's Southwest Grill, are 2300 calories. I won't even talk about the fat and sodium.
  • ropedancer
    ropedancer Posts: 115
    Options
    Pretty much all of my favorite restaurant foods have become one a month or less eats.

the 99's Honey Barbecue Chicken wrap is 930 calories, and I'd have that with fries, which is another 320 calories. That's 1250 calories. I eat a about than that in ONE WHOLE DAY now.

Longhorn Steakhouse's Parmesan Crusted Chicken Sandwhich is not much better (770 caloies) and I'd have that with fries (290 calories). On top of that, they give you half loaf of freshly baked bread before hand. The loaf is 255 calories, and I'd eat about half of it. Again, we're coming close to my daily calorie intake in one meal.

It's SCARY. But what worse is that my fiance's meals (who doesn't care about his health really) are often even worse.
  • hulietta
    hulietta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden Black Tie Mousse Cake. 760 Calories, 48 grams of fat.
    This is supposed to be AFTER your 1000+ calorie meal. And this is not a huge slice or anything; it's just a standard slice of dessert. And I am sad, because we LOVED this, and even had it at our wedding. We almost felt bad for serving it to our guests after recently looking at the calorie count!

But, if you think that's bad, you're getting a bargain over the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. It has 890 calories and 62 grams of fat!!! Huh?!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Cinema popcorn! I thought having plain salted with no topping it wouldn't have many. 500 cals for a small bag! Definitely not worth it.
  • CharlotteLucy22
    Options
    A Can of Coke!! I was shocked!!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Everything at my fav Mexican restaurant. Luckily they are great about special orders, so I can still go and stay on track.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The Cheesecake Factory blew my mind! The foods were high in calories, but 1 slice of just about any cheesecake was well over 1,000 calories! :noway:
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used to wind down my evening with a glass of White Zinfandel or three. And my wine glass was a rather large one....about 9 ounces. When I started MFP I was shocked to learn that 3 ounces of White Zin were like 110 calories...times 3 for the 9oz. glass times 3 glasses a night...I was drinking nearly a thousand calories every night!!! Is it any wonder I kept gaining weight. It was not until I decided to quit drinking all together that I really started to experience some success with the weight coming off.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Double post...oops!:embarassed:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Frankie and Bennys regular pizza (the same one they give to children) are 1200 calories :/
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    applebees 550 cal meals suuuuck on sodium. may as well take half of your sodium limit and eat straight up salt...bout the equivalent and might even taste better.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Arby's market fresh chicken salad sandwich. The one with grapes and apples. 840 calories just for the sandwich!! Pissed me off the day I ate it! Never again!!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I still don't know how many calories Adalberto's steak super nachos have ...

38KhZ.jpg

But I am pretty sure they are off the menu for me from now on.