Starting juice plus

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm going to start juice plus soon but wanted to get ahead before my shakes arrive and do the 2 week detox. I have done a trial of juice plus before but I have lost the list of detox foods. Is anyone able to send it to me?

Thanks

Donna

Replies

• Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You not going to get much support here as the opinion of most here is that all detoxes are a waste of money.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a detox. It's a scam. Your liver and kidneys already filter waste out of your body. There is no such thing as detox foods.
  • donnalagdon84
    donnalagdon84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh, just using it as a boost really to go along with my working out.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Can you cancel your order? You've been scammed.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    You not going to get much support here as the opinion of most here is that all detoxes are a waste of money.

Not so much of an opinion, but science proving detoxes are ineffective and unnecessary.

OP, there are no food that will detox your system (except for sugar free gummy bears) because your liver and kidneys naturally do that. But what I would recommend is concentrating on whole foods, lots of fiber and plenty of water.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    You should learn to eat real food in moderation, not drink shakes or juices as a 'cleanse'. This is a scam. Your body naturally cleanses itself via the liver and kidneys. There is no 'boost' effect to doing what you are doing, other than the financial boost to the people you've paid for the products you bought.
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but Nuke_64 is correct. This really isn't the website where you will get support for crazy fad diets and super detox cleanse claims. Sounds like you already invested the money so I do wish you luck but moving forward I would recommend eating less and moving more. As someone who has struggled with weight for years I completely understand how these too good to be true claims can seem intriguing but they are rubbish and as soon as you stop the program and start to eat again the process reverses itself. Better to focus on sustainable habits and lifestyle changes.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh honey - so sorry you wasted your money. Is it too late for a refund??
  • donnalagdon84
    donnalagdon84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've not purchased it yet, but I just don't really know where to start.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »

This^

The Sexy Pants thread is really helpful. Just eat less and move more. Logging "regular" food is an eye-opening experience.

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I like their multivitamin gummies. But at $30 a pouch, it's just too much money !
  • chris_finnigan
    chris_finnigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get so frustrated with these miracle "plans". Friends and family keep asking me what "plan" i've been using, what pills i have popped. When i say its really simple eat less than you burn, use MFP to track it. I get "oh thats too hard" in reply . Well, if thats too hard, good luck living on shakes for a few weeks until you get bored and drop off it poorer financially and nutritionally.

Really, unless you make sustainable changes to your diet. Changes you could live with for the rest of your life, dont bother. These shakes might work in the short term, but your not fixing the food issue. Once these diets finish, as the food issue hasnt been fixed, you just return to the old eating ways.

There are no quick fixes, only hard work and determination
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've not purchased it yet, but I just don't really know where to start.

There is the sexypants thread, or a bunch of the stickies at the top of the page. MFP can help set up a profile for you, or if you want, post your height, weight, age, what you plan on doing for exercise (or we can help with that too) and let us know if you have any medical issues and we can set you up with a plan (or at least a calorie/macronutrient target)

Or if you don't want to make that public, send me a PM and I can help you get set up.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your body detoxes by itself.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    OP, save your money, please! Read the SexyPants thread and take the advice above- there really is no boost or detox in these products that your body doesn't naturally maintain.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    WebMD says about duplex kidney: "Since most duplex kidneys are a normal finding, no treatment is necessary."
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    lorcy05 wrote: »
    Omg.... Im sure being judged & sent to another app by superior beings is just the kind of support you need to get started isnt it? ?

And for that matter, who's sending someone to another app? One user recommended the MFP Sexypants thread (which is awesome). Another user (a moderator, no less) offered additional help via a PM. No extra app here unless I'm missing a post somewhere. ??