Cardio Trainer app for Android

Options
Hey everyone, Amazon has the pro version of the Cardio Trainer app for free today (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VFJMYK/ref=tsm_1_tw_app_fad) -- was wondering if anyone uses it and what they think? Thanks!

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I use it... I think it's pretty awesome. You can set your weight in it and when you do a walking/running workout it can use the GPS in your phone to track distance. It also tracks time and speed and when you're all done it'll tell you calories burned. It's come in pretty handy in conjunction with my C25K training. :)
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    I have used the free version on bike rides and walks. I don't use it for the calories burned, as it's always way off, however I do use it to track the info from my ride (speeds, distance, route etc...) For free, it's definitley worth it. I actually went and downloaded the Pro version before I replied to you!!! Thanks for the link!
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot, for the reasons others have said. I think you get a more accurate reading on your calories burned bc it's tracking your speed using GPS and also the pedometer, I think.

Have fun!

Oh-- and supposedly it connects to a HRM through bluetooth.

Best,

Debbie
  • jaynord
    jaynord Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for the last 9 months. I use it all the time. I have not gotten the HR starp yet. As far as calories burned, it's just a reference point. The only way to truly know how many calories you're burning is to work out in a lab.
    Good Luck, jay
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    I tried to use ist, but it slows down my phone like hell. Besides that, I think it's great!

I use runtastic. Does almost the same thing. I use it with the Polar heart rate monitor. Works pretty well!
  • Renemcc
    Renemcc Posts: 3
    Options
    Cool app! Thanks for info. I am looking for friends for some support while losing weight. :flowerforyou:
  • denimandroses
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Love CardioTrainer and have wanted pro for a while, but didn't wanna' pay for it! You've made my day get off to a great start! :flowerforyou:
  • Keri_girl
    Keri_girl Posts: 44
    Options
    I agree with everyone! I have the free version and it tracks distance, speed, calories and it keeps a history so I can see my progress. I even log my morning workouts into it and post the results on Facebook to keep the encouragement coming from friends. :love: