Loosing less than 20lb and looking for MFP friends with similar goals

Options
Hey guys,

So I'm new to MFP, just successfully logged my first week. I've always had a very bad relationship with food, cycling between extremes of dieting and rewarding myself with uncontrolled binges. I'm a 5'6 female and I've always hovered around the mid 140lb, but was close to 160lb at my heaviest.

I'm finally taking control of my eating habits and want to reach my goal of 130lb. Currently at 139, and am tracking all my food and have started the Couch 2 5K programme because I've never been fit in my life.

Anyone out there with similar goals?

Replies

• farrahfinch1
    farrahfinch1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My situation is very similar! Add me.
  • egdiet
    egdiet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Need to lose 20 pounds also :)
  • iamahamster24
    iamahamster24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar!
  • Junomatic
    Junomatic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm definitely up for chatting. I'm 5'5, 124lbs and my goal weight is 115lbs. It my heaviest this last January, I was 150lbs. I finished the C25K program a two months ago, and I'm busy working my way through the B210K program. This October I'll run my first 10k marathon, and then begin training for a half-marathon.
  • hyacinthcindy1213
    hyacinthcindy1213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Want to lose 20lbs as well. Let's help each other. :)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    20lbs here also. I have a middle-age spread that is physically standing in the way of the yoga I would like to be able to progress in. No more calling it middle-age spread - its got to go!
  • SavannahStClair
    SavannahStClair Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm in your boat! *about* 20 pounds, 160, now-hoping to get to 145, preliminarily, then re-evaluate once I get there. I gained a bunch of weight after I got married and I really want to get back into shape! I hope that we can all do this together!
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm very similar to you also. I'm 5'4" and I started at 148lb. Now down to 134lb. I would like to lose another 10lbs but I would be happy with losing 5 and really toning up. My highest weight ever was almost 160. Feel free to friend me.
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yes I have 6 to 10 pounds left to go, but have lost 18 since I decided enough was enough! But I've been stuck here for a couple of months and I need some motivation! :)
  • tdavis4180
    tdavis4180 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as most of you. I am 5'4" and would like to lose another 10-15lbs. I got to a "comfortable" weight and have kind of given up on those last lbs. I need more motivation to stick to it!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi - I could also use some new friends to help me kick those last 10-12lbs to the curb (as the saying goes). I've lost enough over the past few years that I've become comfortable'ish with my current weight. And I'm also 5'4. Looking forward to new folks to support and to benefit from new supporters!
  • cody824
    cody824 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also here to lose 10 lbs. I'm 5'4 and at my heaviest I was 205 lbs & have managed to keep most of it off (except for the 10 lbs I seem to gain & lose each year). And as u all know... we can put the weight on quickly... but takes a lot longer to take it off... & extremely hard to keep it off sometimes! We all need friendship & support during this life-long j
  • lisa_knickerbocker
    lisa_knickerbocker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to lose 20 or so. It feels like I've been on diets for way to long and never getting the results. Always up and down. Now I want to be healthy and accountable. Add me