This is gonna sound stupid

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
Does running help you lose weight? Or should I do a more calorie burning workout like zumba? I know I should switch it up but I've only got so many resources and money is not one of them!

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Does running help you lose weight? Or should I do a more calorie burning workout like zumba? I know I should switch it up but I've only got so many resources and money is not one of them!

It can help you lose wieght because it burns so many calories. But so can Zumba. Do whichever you enjoy more, or alternate one with the other.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few people who have lost weight running. I think the most important thing is doing something you enjoy though.
  • Msaip
    Options
    I think I could grow to like it. Right now I hate it cause my fat jiggles all around....I feel really good once Ive completed a run.......Guess Ill give it a shot and see how it goes
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    running burns a ton of calories...it is my most effective workout...I have to ride a bike for 2x as long to have the same burn as running...but the key is to do a workout that you enjoy enough to keep doing it.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm doing neither currently and kicking myself for it!
    But I would say if I could make my local Zumba class I think I'd stick at it as there's a commitment to go especially when you start knowing people there or going with others.
    On the otherhand running can happen whenever wherever so the flexibility may suit your lifestlye.
    Pretty individual choice I suppose
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I think cardio is key...so do whatever you enjoy that gets your heartrate up. I wasn't a fan of running at first but have grown to love it! I started walking and eventually incorporated running. Good luck!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I think I could grow to like it. Right now I hate it cause my fat jiggles all around....I feel really good once Ive completed a run.......Guess Ill give it a shot and see how it goes

I hear ya! I absolutely HATE the way my arms slap against my side when I try to run. Gotta make that stuff go away! lol
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I absolutely love running! I burn almost 450 calories in 40 minutes of running (about 6km) so ya, it can definetly help you lose weight. If you do that 5 days a week and eat well, you'll see loss. The jiggling gets better! I still have quite a bit of extra skin on my tummy and inner thighs, my arms jiggle a little bit, but I'm so strong and things are definetly toning up!! It gets better and better!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I do both running and zumba. Love them both!!
  • Msaip
    Options
    Im only gonna be able to run 3 days a week lol