Feeling comfortable in my skin again

Options
harvest05
harvest05 Posts: 10 Member
When I started this journey about 2 months ago, I was focused on the # of pounds I needed to lose. But that is no longer my focus! Yes I am still looking to lose the extra pounds but sometimes being focused on one number can be detrimental to my success. So when I fit into a skirt I hadn't worn in over a year, then into another one I was like hmm, but I have only lost 5 lbs(at that point). Then I realized that its not only about the number but how you feel in your clothes and in your own skin!!
Another event that put me 100% into that thinking was the fact that I was able to wear a bathing suit that was a little snug last year and actually feel comfortable without a cover up. Now it's no bikini but still.....the first one I wore was a tankini type top with the bathing suit shorts bottom (actual shorts and not the boy short bottoms), then two days ago I wore the same top with the bikini bottoms that have the little skirt attached and that was when I knew what I was doing was working!!
So while yes there is a # that I am looking to lose, that is not the main focus anymore. My goal is to be healthy and maintain what I am doing. Living life and being healthy!!

Replies

• bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOO!!! that is so awesome!!! :):) good for you!

I had the same realization this week... I've lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks (my first 2 weeks doing MFP) and I already feel GREAT! I feel the inches coming off and fit better into my clothes, and even some are too big for me now! T-shirts I wouldn't wear before because it showed too much belly fat or arm fat, I feel just fine wearing now! I have a new confidence about me now. I have 15 days until I'll be trying on swim suits for a trip... BUT i wonder if I could just try my old swim suits now! and you're right... I still want to lose the pounds, BUT now I'm more interested in how my body LOOKS and how its making me FEEL. It's such a great motivation to keep going!!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Awesome post and I have started feeling the same way recently so I am so happy for you too!
    It is not always about that number :):flowerforyou:
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    Very well said :happy:
  • Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Way to go!
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! Keep it up. You're doing great!
  • harvest05
    harvest05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! MFP has really helped me stay focused and keep going, with all the great people who keep me encouraged!! Good luck to you all on your journey. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!