Easy and Healthy Vegan Meals?

Options
helloblueroses
helloblueroses Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Okay,so, I've been vegan for about two and a half years now. And when I first went vegan, I had a lot of time to make really nice, healthy dinners. However, ever since I moved from Florida to New York, nearly two years ago, I have been nonstop busy. And at first, that was still fine. With all of the running around, a super-processed dinner made in the microwave didn't have much of an impact on my weight! Buuuuut last summer, I got a job at a vegan fast food place. Delicious, but so processed, and in the year that I have worked there, I have gained about fifteen pounds (fifteen pounds that I had worked SO HARD to get rid of.)

I used to be on MyFitnessPal ages ago, and I can't even remember if I was vegan then or not, but it doesn't really matter because the big difference is that I used to have a lot of time and now I don't. I thought that graduating from college would mean that I would have more time, but that was almost two months ago and I have learned that I was very very wrong. So between working my food service job to pay the bills and the various other jobs relating to my passions but that don't pay very well... I need to eat, but I need it to be healthy, but I can't spend a lot of time preparing it.

Ya get what I'm saying?

None of this long-winded stuff was necessary at all but I'm kind of rambly. Sorry.

So if you know of any easy, quick, healthy vegan meals.... I want them!!!! Or even things that can be easily veganized! I'm not picky! Thanks in advance!

(And if a topic like this already exists... sorry. I skimmed the first page of topics but didn't see anything, but if it's already there, please point me in the right direction! I also couldn't decide whether to post this here or in 'recipes' but I landed on this because... I'm not really sure why.)

Replies

• JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I belong to an amazing group on Facebook called "What Vegan Children Eat." (No children needed.) It's an awesome group of people sharing all kinds of vegan recipes. Many are quick & nutritious ideas I'd never come up with on my own. Give it a try. Browse or just ask the group for ideas & I'm sure you won't be disappointed. : )
  • jeneticir
    jeneticir Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This website is great for meals! https://minimalistbaker.com/
    I would also suggest keeping fresh vegetables and fruits chopped in your fridge for a quick grab and go snack. I keep blueberries, apples, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes on hand myself. You can also pre-measure out your favorite nuts in small containers so that you don't go crazy and munch too many at one time. Another great to go snack is to pre-measure out cereals in 100 calorie portions and take them with you.
    I love to make Buddha Bowls for dinner. I start with either rice, quinoa, or noodles and then I top with either black beans, tofu, tempeh, lentils, or chickpeas for protein; then for veggies I roast up whatever I have on hand and toss those in and then you can top with your favorite sauce (BBQ, mustard, salad dressing, etc) or hummus. Hope this helps! I always find it so funny when people can't believe that you can gain weight on a vegan diet, Oreos and Sour Patch kids are vegan but not so healthy!