Hi All!

Options
Jaimee48
Jaimee48 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All! I joined MFP a while ago, but really just started yesterday. I'm looking to meet new friends to help with encouragement along the way and hopefully I can help others out too! I seem to find myself surrounded by skinny people who don't understand the struggle. I've always been chubby, but have really gone up and down throughout my entire life. I just love food. I like all food-healthy and unhealthy but I often find myself choosing the unhealthy foods. I digress... I will save this for my diary entires.

Anyway, feel free to friend me! It would be great to hear from others who have struggled with weight their entire life and any success stories. About 4 years ago I lost 20 pounds and I was looking and feeling great, but I have gained it all back in the past few months. Now in my late 20's I really want to lose the weight - all 50 lbs of it. I look forward to meeting you!

Replies

• mariemxx
    mariemxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW ! Jaimee your story sounds so similar to mine and don't worry you are NOT ALONE I LOVEEEEE unhealthy food and it really does seem like no one understands when you lean more toward the unhealthy food. I researched and know how great my body will feel once I no longer want those foods but HOW LONG DOES THAT TAKE because I am impatient and that cheeseburger sounds a lot better then a bed of lettuce lol ..
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd stop looking at food in isolation and as inherently health or unhealthy and look at you overall dietary intake.

Eat at a calorie deficit whilst consuming a balanced diet consisting of the things you like that will aid long term compliance.
  • Jaimee48
    Options
    Marie- I am SO with you! How long does it take to not crave the bad foods?! I too am impatient. But it's okay - we got this! I started ordering Blue Apron which really helps. The food is generally healthy and tastes good. It can be a lot of calories, but I work around it when I can.
  • Jaimee48
    Options
    cityruss - that's much easier said than done... when you have viewed food a certain way your entire life, it doesn't just change overnight.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Personally I'd stop looking at food in isolation and as inherently health or unhealthy and look at you overall dietary intake.

Eat at a calorie deficit whilst consuming a balanced diet consisting of the things you like that will aid long term compliance.

This!
  • Jaimee48
    Options
    KeysGirl- like I said to Russ, it's hard to just change the way you look at food. I was brought up to see bad foods and good foods. When I eat something that is considered bad, I feel guilty. It's not an overnight change. And when you eat unhealthy foods it's hard to stay at a calorie deficit.