Has anybody lost weight this way?

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Research body recomposition. I think you will be much happier with your body following a recomposition plan.

Yup...I am the same height and wear a size 4 and weigh 149lbs...not sure how tiny you are atm but ah hello.

Yes I lift heavy and am firm most places...
  • arinamargarina
    arinamargarina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @PAV8888: Thank you! You were really helpful!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ...Also, I love exercising, but would riding my bike and climbing some stairs everyday enough? I'm tired of gym.

I don't currently have a gym membership and am getting my exercise from gardening, swimming, yoga, walking, and cooking & cleaning.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,778 Member
    Options
    Even if you do have the fat you believe you have, your body also needs muscles.

In order to build muscles you have to be eating by preference at a surplus; but at the very least at mostly a non deficit (let's call it maintenance level) so that your body spends a longer period being anabolic and building muscles as opposed to being catabolic which is where it systematically is when you're undereating.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    And back to the drawing board.

No it is not 5ft 7", 5ft 8"+ is where 173 is and 52.5 kg is where 116 is.

You are already at the bottom end of a healthy BMI @ 127lbs and 173cm.

You should be eating more than 1200 Cal.

You don't have room to play with losing weight.

Check out the concept of body recomp.

Cheers!

Agree. Stop focusing on losing weight. You don't need to lose weight. Eat at maintenance and recomp.

• arinamargarina
    Options
    @SezxyStef: Yes, I figured it was a body composition issue. My best friend is the same height and weight as me and she has lean muscle everywhere. Do you have any suggestions as to where you're supposed to start with the body recomposition? Thank you! :)
  • loulamb7
    Options
    @SezxyStef: Yes, I figured it was a body composition issue. My best friend is the same height and weight as me and she has lean muscle everywhere. Do you have any suggestions as to where you're supposed to start with the body recomposition? Thank you! :)

Start here ... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    shock your system for a week ,Change your diet toatally 100% for a week and drink way more water for a week and then go back to your regular diet. Your body gets used to things fast , so you got to really mix it up sometimes , especially when your in good shape like you.
  • arinamargarina
    Options
    @loulamb7: Thank you very much!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

you eat at maintenance calories getting in at least 0.8 grams of protein for every lb you weigh and start a structure progressive load lifting program like Stronglifts or New rules of lifting for women.
  • loulamb7
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

you eat at maintenance calories getting in at least 0.8 grams of protein for every lb you weigh and start a structure progressive load lifting program like Stronglifts or New rules of lifting for women.

FYI, since you've been at 1200 calories (too low) you will want to increase to maintenance slowly (reverse diet) by 100-200 calories a day for a week, until you reach maintenance. You will probably see a weight gain initially but don't freak out, that's normal. Good luck!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    shock your system for a week ,Change your diet toatally 100% for a week and drink way more water for a week and then go back to your regular diet. Your body gets used to things fast , so you got to really mix it up sometimes , especially when your in good shape like you.
    So much no.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,778 Member
    Options
    Listen to @SezxyStef

Also eat at least 0.35 to 0.45g of fat per lb of bodyweight (this is not a maximum, it is a minimum!)

Since you have said repeatedly that you don't want to go to the gym, can anyone suggest resistance band or bodyweight programs that are maybe safer to do than doing weights by yourself without a safety cage?

• loulamb7
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Listen to @SezxyStef

Also eat at least 0.35 to 0.45g of fat per lb of bodyweight (this is not a maximum, it is a minimum!)

Since you have said repeatedly that you don't want to go to the gym, can anyone suggest resistance band or bodyweight programs that are maybe safer to do than doing weights by yourself without a safety cage?

You tube Your Body is Your Gym or Convict Training Conditioning.
  • arinamargarina
    Options
    @PAV8888: Wait, haha, I didn't mean I don't want to go to the gym, I just said I'm tired and, frankly, quite out of cash for the moment, but I used to go. After I read the advice here, I suppose the reason I wasn't successful is that I used to focus on cardio and I didn't have a trainer to advise me.