slimming world

Options
Anyone else out there following slimming world and still logging here x how's it going?

Replies

• skm1991
    skm1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im following slimming world and have lost 1st 7lbs so far. And i still get to eat chocolates!!!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You have to pay for slimming world, right?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No way in hell I would pay someone to get thin,

1. Money cannot buy my way into thin.
    2. I can do it for free, so why pay those guys?

I just would not. No way, no how.

I wish you well in your endeavors, but spending money on that? Not for me.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with slimming world, but if it works for you and you learn from it, good for you.
    One of the reasons I don't post often is because of all the judgemental or snarky posts that show up so often.
    Do what works for you, as long as it works and is healthy.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    In my opinion if Slimming World or Weight Watchers work for you you should be able to go with it without getting snarky comments. As long it's not the latest crazy fad diet, and as long as it's working go for it. I used to be with Weight Watchers and I lost about 20 lbs. Now I just MFP but losing weight is a journey and there's more than one way to go about it.
  • lackingwillpower
    lackingwillpower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I'm not paying for it just to reassure some of you. A friend has lent me the books. I'll see how I get on x
  • lackingwillpower
    lackingwillpower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done skm1991

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    In my opinion if Slimming World or Weight Watchers work for you you should be able to go with it without getting snarky comments. As long it's not the latest crazy fad diet, and as long as it's working go for it. I used to be with Weight Watchers and I lost about 20 lbs. Now I just MFP but losing weight is a journey and there's more than one way to go about it.

In no way, are any of our comments snarky.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with slimming world, but if it works for you and you learn from it, good for you.
    One of the reasons I don't post often is because of all the judgemental or snarky posts that show up so often.
    I'm sorry if it came off as snarky. Looking at it, I can see that it must've. My dislike for these outfits - these people who sell weight loss as if you actually need their help (they bug me) - seems to have gotten the better of me.

OP, I didn't mean to slam you. I wish you all the luck in the world! And if paying those guys is something you feel will help you, I will - against my better judgement, lol - wish you well.

I just hate those outfits.

Good luck on your plan!! :)
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I try hard to do both but it's difficult I find myself going over syns easily so I try to stick to calories unlimited free food isn't unlimited as your weighing it on here however red days are good for your protein levels you need to see what works for you I lost 2.5 stone on slimming world but then came to a grinding halt which is why I came here
  • IAmAWomanOnAMission
    IAmAWomanOnAMission Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I'm sorry if it came off as snarky. Looking at it, I can see that it must've. My dislike for these outfits - these people who sell weight loss as if you actually need their help (they bug me) - seems to have gotten the better of me.

OP, I didn't mean to slam you. I wish you all the luck in the world! And if paying those guys is something you feel will help you, I will - against my better judgement, lol - wish you well.

I just hate those outfits.

Good luck on your plan!! :)

I don't always think it is about selling weight loss.. Sometimes it is the companionship that you get knowing everyone is on the same route be it 20 lbs or 10 stone to lose.

Some people are strong... Some need that helping hand and if theirs is for slimming then best of luck...

I have done SW and lost 3 stone... But now looking to boost that and try calories for a while
  • sarahmartin2011
    sarahmartin2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im following slimming world have tried and failed many times on my own so think slimming world is the pressure i need each week to keep me going, lost 1stone 1/2lb in 5 weeks and not feeling at all hungry and completely satisfied, its working for me but i understand its not for everyone, i still come online here as i have made some friends along the way and like to check inxx
  • IAmAWomanOnAMission
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi...

Well if you ever want a buddy that is doing SW too then let me know.

I am looking to do a nutritional course which might help me and I spoke to my dr and he said if I want to do a support group he would be happy for me to do it at the health centre... The more things I don't think it will keep me on track!

I agree it's not for everyone, we have to try lots of things but I asked one of my clients who is a SW leader the average kcals they go by in a day for someone to loose weight and she said around 1800.

So no reason I can't do this as well, pain finding lettuce tomato etc or do you not add them?

Hope you're having a great day and let me know if you want to body, kind regards Jacqui xx
  • IAmAWomanOnAMission
    Options
    Oops ... The more things I do, I think it will keep me on track. Xx
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    In my view, people need support to lose weight and change habits. My support is from my wife but if ww or other groups works for you then go for it. If it works then it is money well spent. Using books to help with food ideas is good too
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why any special diets or programs should be percieved as necessary. Maybe paying for it can get some people leverage, but it's all about CICO. I've lost around 50 lbs with this "program": 1) MFP and 2) eating all the foods I like. The forum is my support system. Reading online and borrowing books from the library is free.