Options
Tera_1984
Tera_1984 Posts: 18 Member
Should I add what I drink to MFP too?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Does it have calories? If yes, then add it. If no, then it's your choice whether you track it or not.
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like to. For example when I drink tea, I add 1 cup of water to my H20 log and then add the tea type (which is usually 0-5 calories) to my food log.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I do...I think it's a good habit to log everything...because then you skip logging a potato chip..and then a mini snickerbar...the tiny calories add up, that's for sure! ;)
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Its good to track drinks even if all you drink is water. Its good to know that you are hydrating properly.
  • Tera_1984
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying back, I have another question why is it when you add exercise to MFP it changes your calorie goal?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Because MFP is set up to tell you how many calories you need to lose weight without exercise. When you then exercise and burn more calories, your deficit (the difference between what you eat and what you burn) gets bigger, so you're supposed to eat some of those calories back otherwise your deficit will be too aggressive (leading to hunger, lack of energy, too-fast loss, muscle loss etc). It does over estimate though, so general consensus is only to healf half of those back.
  • Tera_1984
    Options
    Okay thanks for answering my question
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I log the drinks that have calories, it can definitely add up pretty quickly if you drink juice, milk or soft drinks like sweetened tea. Beer has tons of calories too! You could be going way over your goal without even knowing it. For me, MFP only works if I log every single thing!