12 Week Rule???

Options
Hey guys!! :smile:

I had heard a few times that you really don't start noticing a difference in your weight loss till you hit around
the 12 week mark. Is that true? I hit 12 weeks this past Wednesday, and I actually see a bit of a difference
now. I'm hoping to see more changes in the near future.... it doesn't seem to be showing up fast enough!!!
I think I'm really hard on myself, and I really don't know what to expect or when results should be more
noticable...... Any input??

Thanks so much!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    u should post before and after pics
  • Knightrobs
    Knightrobs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you're 17lbs is in 12 weeks, that's great and should be noticeable. Before and after pics are a must IMO like mentioned above.

If really nothing has changed in 12 weeks... well, then something isn't being done properly. Even a strict 2 weeks should be showing some type of progress. I imagine you're just being a bit too critical though. Good luck!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I didn't take pictures back in March.... I should have!!! I do see a little difference, my clothes
    are fitting better too. I just don't "see" a huge difference. I'm sure I lost more than 17 pounds
    at this point, I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks, I only do it once a month!! It's all so
    frustrating!! Can't give up though!!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Start taking pictures now. I didnt notice my personal 30lb loss but my photographer friend (I helped build her portfolio) said she could sure as hell tell through the camera lense especially, when we loaded th pics onto her computer it was AMAZING to SEE my difference, and a HUGE motivator.

It also helps to have those around, s when youre feeling low, or feel like you arent seeing results you can look at the oldest (aka fattest) picture and remember what you dont want to go back to!

Im still iffy on what my final weight will be, it will depend on how I look and feel honestly, I have more of a size goal then a weight goal, and toning, so pictures are incredibly great for me
  • amyjeaninga
    amyjeaninga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with taking pictures. You see yourself in the mirror every day and become accustomed to how you look so you won't remember exactly how you looked before you lost weight. Taking pictures will help with that...start now!! :smile:
  • stinabear13
    stinabear13 Posts: 32
    Options
    before and after photos do help to show progress, i still need a friend to take some for me id like to do them every 2 weeks regardless to motivate me more. im getting a new fancy digital scale soon so im sure il be hopping on that like crazy and possibly cussing it out if i dont like what it tells me but id just put it on record of a weekly weigh in since it can fluctuate daily!