I don't always eat right:(

Options
I played volleyball in high school. And was diagnosed with quiet a few medical problem, so started lots of med that is when I started gaining weight. I know my eating habits had to do with it. Then I had my first child and lost weight but gained it back plus some. After getting married I had my second child and again lost weight . Then at that point I don't really know where it all came from. I was in nov 13 diagnosed with type 2 pre diabetes. I took it serious then I have lost 35lbs but I would like to loose 50ish pounds and eating well is a problem for me. I would love to have friend who would help motivate me not only in eating right but walking regularly. Feel free to add me...

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Keep making small, consistent, healthy changes.
  • Texas2Germany
    Texas2Germany Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    we can encourage each other...
  • KariFreeman2
    KariFreeman2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm here if you need support.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eating well should be easy and pleasureble. In what way do your medical problems dictate what and how you should eat? Are you sure you aren't too strict? Have you talked to a dietitian?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    What problem are you having with eating well?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Forget about being perfect all of the time--nobody is.

Aim for constantly getting better with your eating and increasing your activity over time.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It takes time to build good habits. You're going to fail sometimes, but if you keep working at it, you will get there!

Experiment with new foods. When you don't hate them, try making them different ways until you have lots of new, healthy foods that you do like. You'll get yourself to your goal and your kids will grow up with good eating habits.

Don't give up. Every time you fall, get back up. It takes time. Don't give up!

You can do it. You really, really can. It just takes time and persistence. :)
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Would an activity tracker be something that is affordable for you?

They are a great motivational tool, and you can set all your goals on the app that it comes with. How many pounds you want to lose per week, number of steps you want to take per day, and they even track your sleeping patterns. They can vibrate on your wrist if you have been inactive for a period of time to remind you to walk.

It will also track your calories and keep a running total of how many calories you have left each day. All you have to do is log your food in the app.

I don't know if I could do this without mine... I'm weak... :)