Trng for my first relay race

Options
I have my first relay race at the end of this month n was curious as time gets closer should I be doing daily doubles n running in the morning n at night? Or just be consistent n do long runs 3-4 times per week. I've never really been a distance runner - I have 3 legs for the relay - 7, 5 and 4 miles.

Thoughts???

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Are you running all 3 legs the same day? If so I would definitely break up your runs leading up to the race. You want your body to be prepared to the break between runs. Assuming your run is on the weekend I wouldn't run after Wednesday and spend the rest of race week stretching and possibly practicing yoga. Good luck on your run.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Try a few days of 2 a day runs. Run the first one as you normally do and the second one shorter and easy. And get a good taper in during race week.

I have had good experiences with 2 a day runs. At first they seem pretty hard but your body adjusts and you get really "running strong".
  • cmills003
    cmills003 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • cmills003
    cmills003 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Are you running all 3 legs the same day? If so I would definitely break up your runs leading up to the race. You want your body to be prepared to the break between runs. Assuming your run is on the weekend I wouldn't run after Wednesday and spend the rest of race week stretching and possibly practicing yoga. Good luck on your run.

It's between 2 days - I did start yoga n that seems to help with recovery