I overate

Options
So this weekend I got carried away. I ate about 3000 calories of things like cake, doughnuts, and burgers. I've been doing really well on my diet and exercise plan and I've lost about 18 lbs in just over a month. But this weekend was ridiculous. I'm just wondering if it will hurt me badly? I just worked out today and burned 1200 calories. Also, how do I resist the urge to eat when I am not supposed to?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You cannot uneat the food, so just let it go. What's done is done. The only reason to beat yourself up would be that you enjoy wallowing in your misery and that's not a very productive thing.

A setback can only ruin the weight loss if you give up. Everyone has setbacks. It's not even a little whup.

Just get back to work. :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    No biggie move on. Just go back and log everything you can think of.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yup. you are doomed to be fat forever now.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    <3 Forgiveness
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sarcasm. I like it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    One bad day will not make you gain more than a pound. Move on and don't worry about it. Remember, it takes approximately 3,500 calories over your TDEE to gain a pound.
  • JPIDGLEY
    JPIDGLEY Posts: 5 Member
    Options

:D
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I take a weekly view, so some days I can be a little over, others a little under but the weekly stats have never had me higher than my goal, so just it and and take a broader range of data before getting too worked up about one treat.
  • deathninja82
    deathninja82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had about 3 metric fucktons of bad news today, on top of planning a wedding, job application and dealing with HR tomorrow, so I drank far, far too much.

But you know what? That's one day, once things settle downI'll be back in my routine, you will too, as will everyone on this fine forum after a rough patch. *kitten* happens, it's all how we deal with it, and one slipup on the path has little effect on the entire course, don't sweat it.

But log though, at least be honest, that way you can kick today's *kitten* down the line with pure, unadulterated metrics :P
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm. I like it.

it is one of my best skills.

well, of skills that can be mentioned, anyways LOLOLOL
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Isn't 18 pounds in a month too much?

that's about 4.5 pound a week, and you maybe should set your goal lower so you will have more calories per day.
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Log it. Things happen. Account for it. Figure out how you could change it for the future. But not think too much about it.
    I was weak and had way too much veg ice cream a couple days ago. Ugh. I went over my calories for the day. But I'm still okay for the week.
    Those things happen, it isn't the end of the world, move on from it :)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Log it, don't beat yourself up, drink plenty of water and just keep going.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm. I like it.

it is one of my best skills.

well, of skills that can be mentioned, anyways LOLOLOL

It also has its place. You should try Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games, it would be more welcomed there.

OP, the 3,000 calories that you went over will only have the effect that you let it have. You can get back on track or give up. Hopefully you realize that progress can't be made by overeating daily. I hope you also realize that if it happens once in a while, you won't spoil all of your hard work.

Your choice!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I had about 3 metric fucktons of bad news today, on top of planning a wedding, job application and dealing with HR tomorrow, so I drank far, far too much.

But you know what? That's one day, once things settle downI'll be back in my routine, you will too, as will everyone on this fine forum after a rough patch. *kitten* happens, it's all how we deal with it, and one slipup on the path has little effect on the entire course, don't sweat it.

But log though, at least be honest, that way you can kick today's *kitten* down the line with pure, unadulterated metrics :P

It's good to know that "fuckton" isn't censored.