Insanity.....GRADUATE!!!!! 5/29/11 w/ pics!!!

Options
A little backround about me...I started my weight loss journey on 1/3/11, I was 304.5 pounds. Changed my diet, and started doing light exercises. Worked up to Zumba (go ahead and giggle....it's alright :laugh: ) and JM 30- Day Shred. But I needed something more challenging. So I ended up receiving Insanity as a gift. I was afriad as hell to try it. I exercised, but this was a whole new level of exercise.
On March 28th, 2011 I began my 9 week journey, a journey I trully believed I could not finish. I was 249 pounds.
IMG_3259_crop.jpg
IMG_3258_crop.jpg

9 weeks later, and I have officially graduated Insanity!!!
Insanity-AfterShot5-29.jpg
Insanity-After-Side5-29.jpg

Ok, now put on the sunglasses...I wasn't going to post these, but I was actually happy with how I look, so here goes!
Insanity-AfterNS5-29.jpg
Insanity-AfterNSS5-29.jpg
And here are my numbers from Insanity......
Fit Test

Day 1 (3/28/11)
Day 63 (5/29/11)
Switch Kicks: 57
70 (+13 reps +23%)
Power Jacks: 39
64 (+25 reps +64%)
Power Knees: 60
110 (+50 reps +83%)
Power Jumps: 21
35 (+14 reps +67%)
Globe Jumps: 7
11 (+4 reps +57%)
Suicide Jumps: 12
20 (+8 reps +67%)
Push- Up Jacks: 16
33 (+17 reps +106%)
Low Plank Oblique: 30
60 (+30 reps +100%)

Weigh/Body Stats

Day 1 (3/28/11)
Day 63 (5/29/11)
Weight: 249 lbs
222.2 lbs (-26.8 lbs -11%)
Neck: 17"
16.5" (-.5" -3%)
Chest: 48"
43.25" (-4.75" -10%)
Bicep: 14"
13.25" (-.75" -5%)
Waist: 40"
35.75"(-4.25" -11%)
Hip: 42"
39" (-3" -7%)
Thigh: 25.5"
24.5" (-1" -4%)

So overall- I lost 26.8 lbs and 14.25"!!!! I am extremely happy with my results. Insanity was an awesome workout program, and really happy with myself that I completed it!!! Anyway, thanks for reading. Time to celebrate!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You going to start another round??
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those results are very impressive! You can tell you really worked hard.
  • heatypablo
    heatypablo Posts: 221
    Options
    The results speak for themselves. Awesome work and dedication!

:noway:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome stats, I am especially jealous of your skinny waist, still working on mine. Your fitness increase is terrific. Just goes to show how working out and being dedicated makes a big difference. And you are a much braver man than I, no pictures will be posted:) (only my sweetie gets to see those:)
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Fantastic results! I'm starting Insanity tomorrow - nervous and excited at the same time!! :happy:
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be ashamed of the body however those shorts have got to GO! Just kidding-great job! Very inspirational!
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Excellent results. Very well done to you. I want to try Insanity but I am SCARED lol

You look happier in the first pic though..give us a smile!! :tongue:
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Awesome results and fabulous dedication! You can tell how hard you've worked - congratulations!!!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Smile,:smile: you look great. Congratulations, a job well done.
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    Ok...the shorts.....I bought those when I was doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu...size 40 . I don't have the time for BJJ anymore (sadly, as I truly loved it) so I figured I'd get use of the shorts now! I am a size 34 now - you can't tell from the pictures, but they are now overly baggy. So they are going. But for picture purposes, I wanted the same clothes before/after.

And the smile....I am smiling!!!!:smile: But I was dealing with teaching a 7 year old how to use my Digital SLR. So those were shots 14 and 15 maybe.....:laugh: I was trying not to get frustrated. I think in the end, he did a good job (I just stopped smiling...lol)

Thanks for all the positive feedback! MFP is awesome!
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look freakin' fantastic. You should be very proud of yourself:) I'm proud of you!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man!! Huge difference! Nice tattoos by the way!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! Those shorts are hanging off of you in your "afters". Way to go.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great Job! you look great!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    You look great!! Way to go! :)
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely brilliant! what a transformation. I'm going to have to invest in this DVD i'm hearing brilliant things about it
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    Awesome job man!! Huge difference! Nice tattoos by the way!

Thanks! Lots of hours of pain in the chair. Hopefully I finish my right sleeve this summer. At least that's the plan.
  • ChloMonster
    ChloMonster Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!