MFP and Zumba...Let's Do It

Options
Jeep429
Jeep429 Posts: 18 Member
Just started MFP a week or so ago and I'm down 3 lbs. so far! I love the calorie counter and I have it on my Ipod and Android phone. I'm a full time Kindergarten IA and a full time grad student! I am a member of Planet Fitness and I love to do Zumba whether its classes, the video game or the DVDs. :smile: My favorite singer is Mariah Carey and I love working out to her upbeat music! My goal weight right now is 160 so I have about 80lbs. I need to lose right now!! :sad: I hope I can do it!

Replies

• sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am sure you will do great! I love Zumba also, but I prefer the classes! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can do it I do zumba also but its better for me in the classes. MFP will help you keep up with everything to. Good luck!!!!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    You CAN do it!!
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can do it......I'm going to get the Zumba game for the Wii...I also thought about getting the DVD set for times I can't make it to the gym........

But I know if I don't get it...then I won't go to the gym...so I better not get it right now....

I have about that much to loose also.
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!! and good luck with everything, the community here is great and very supportive. zumba is such a fun way to shed the pounds. feel free to add me if you like.
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome! I love Zumba! With twin girls, I can't make it to classes but I love the DVD. Just ordered the new version. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sunshine2770
    sunshine2770 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the new version of Zumba. I cant wait so excited:bigsmile:
  • Lizziehunter
    Options
    I love zumba!! Only discovered it last october and am completely hooked.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi! I LOVE ZUMBA! I absolutely hated exercise and sweating of any sort until I tried it. Unfortunately there are no classes in my area, so I'm solely a DVD Zumba lady, but whatever...it still feels good. MFP is great for motivation and feedback, so get your friend pool going. I can add me if you'd like:flowerforyou:
  • WyoRed
    WyoRed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Which zumba videos do you use? Have been looking at several, but can't make up my mind which one to go with. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14lb in a month with MFP and Zumba, love both! :D
  • Jeep429
    Jeep429 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Zumba Fitness, Zumba Exhilarate, the Original Zumba (4DVDset), and the video game! They are all great...Start with the newest one...either or is wonderful!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi....we have similiar weightloss goals and I love to Zumba! I just got it last weekend for the PS3 and am addicted. You can add me if you would like and we can motivate each other!
  • iamacraftymama
    Options
    Welcome! I too love Zumba. I have the game and my kids do it with me. I am always looking to make friends so feel free to add me.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i love zumba on the wii i hate exercise but doing zumba isnt a chore for me its great fun
  • amyserf
    amyserf Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm new too. I love aerobics but have never tried Zumba. I feel a little intimidated I guess because I have no sense of rhythm and very uncoordinated. Feel free to add me as your friend. I would appreciate all the help, suggestions and motivation as I can get. I'm in it to win it....this time!!!
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    You can do this! I am trying to loose 130lbs by next fall (2012) So I have a long journey, but Zumba is so much fun! I have the dvd's Even my Hubby is into it! I would love to by the Zumba for my PS3 but that will have to wait until Christmas! We are all in this together girl!!
  • mickie_on_my_way
    mickie_on_my_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Zumba Fitness DVDs; they should be here this week. I can't wait!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Funny thing, I was reading this post, and the comments, I was finished, scrolled up to move to a different section on the site, and there at the top of the screen was an advertisement for Zumba. I think that's a sign!?!