Hey, I'm Kate and I'm just getting started

Options
kaityxo12
kaityxo12 Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2015 in Getting Started
I've always been known as the fat one. When people choose to insult me, fat is the first word they throw at me. It truly is an awful feeling, a feeling I'm sick of. I'm taking this step forward to change myself and the way I perceive myself because I hate everything about myself. I get compliments and I get the same old "you're not fat at all" speech from all of my friends but it's easier for them to lie to me than to be truthful and just straight up tell me that maybe it is a good idea to lose weight and eat healthier. I'm excited to start this journey because I'm finally ready. I know I can do it and I know I WILL do it. You should never let any outside force dictate your standards of beauty or determine your self worth. We are all worthy, beautiful and deserve to be happy. Let's get it done!

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    How rude! People suck. You got this!!
  • TheChangeIsNow
    TheChangeIsNow Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Kate!

You sound like an amazing person. You absolutely can do this! You seem determined and ready to get this thing started! I'm on day 2 myself, so I'm new to this as well! The last few lines of your comment were beautifully written. You should write that down and keep that with you to pull out whenever you might have a weak moment. As for those rude people, don't ever let them get inside your head. Usually those who make hateful comments like that, are people who are unhappy with themselves, and attempting to bring you down, gives them some sort of sick confidence/sense of validation. I'm wishing you all the best with this new and exciting journey! I'm 100% rooting for you!
  • KennSchaffer
    KennSchaffer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just something for you to ponder; do not let weight dictate your beauty either. Healthy comes in many weights, find your healthy weight, for you and not from a prefab BMI chart, and realize that you're beautiful!
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well said. You got this :) I wish you the best of luck.
  • 5843dryan
    5843dryan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate,

It's good that you are deciding to make changes because you want to! not because of what other people think you should do.

Good luck
  • kaityxo12
    kaityxo12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm doing this for myself and I'm glad that I am. I can feel myself 100% ready for this change. :)