Tendonitis?

Options
KF1216
KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
Pain question- I had plantar fasciitis in my right heel a few months back. I lost about 15lb and the pain suddenly stopped. Almost immediately after that, i started having pain on my right ankle on the inner side, just below my ankle bone. The pain is worst first thing in the morning just like plantar was but hurts throughout the day also, especially while walking. It also hurts most if I flex my foot and tilt it outwards. Oddly, running isn't bothering it. Does it sound like tendonitis? I've been icing it and taking Advil around the clock, what else can I do?

Replies

• amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Have the dr check it to be on the safe side. I have Achilles insertional tendinitis and first thing in the morning I have to exercise my foot before getting out of bed or it's painful to walk . I have to ice it after exercising so it doesn't swell . I also do heel drops 3x a day. I had a Mri done to make sure my tendon wasn't torn.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That sounds similar to what I have. My feet point outward, and my ankles roll in. It's just how I've always walked. And it's never been a problem. Until about 3 years ago. I suddenly developed a very sharp pain right in the spot you described. Seriously, it was sudden. I was walking up a flight of stairs. On about the 7th step, all of a sudden I couldn't support myself and my whole leg gave out from the pain shooting though my ankle. X-rays showed nothing. Another doctor said it was tendinitis. I think 40+ years of my feet pointing outward finally added up, plus at that time I was at my highest weight.

Anyway, I had to wear an ankle brace for 8 weeks, and since then I have to wear arch supports in my shoes. The arch supports make a huge difference.

But you should see a doctor to find out specifically what's going on with you.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    There are so many structures in there, only a doc can say. And not every doc can say, either. Go to a sports med.

Stay off it as much as you can for now and do only gentle movements that do NOT cause pain.
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half marathon, I hate to quit already!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    KF1216 wrote: »
    Pain question- I had plantar fasciitis in my right heel a few months back. I lost about 15lb and the pain suddenly stopped. Almost immediately after that, i started having pain on my right ankle on the inner side, just below my ankle bone. The pain is worst first thing in the morning just like plantar was but hurts throughout the day also, especially while walking. It also hurts most if I flex my foot and tilt it outwards. Oddly, running isn't bothering it. Does it sound like tendonitis? I've been icing it and taking Advil around the clock, what else can I do?

Worse in the morning sounds more arthritic to me although the flex and tilt does sound tendon .. doctor I think

Is Advil an anti-inflammatory, you may be better with an ibuprofen or similar anti-inflammatory pain relief

check with your doctor
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    KF1216 wrote: »

Worse in the morning sounds more arthritic to me although the flex and tilt does sound tendon .. doctor I think

Is Advil an anti-inflammatory, you may be better with an ibuprofen or similar anti-inflammatory pain relief

check with your doctor

Advil is a brand name of the drug, ibuprofen.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I second seeing a sports medicine Dr.
    Maybe it's time to replace your shoes.
    Also check if your right foot pronates more than the left.