What do you do when you have terrible cravings?

Options
what do you think of it do when you are having almost unbearable cravings for food?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever I'm craving.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I used to crave white pasta and bread after eating it, so I stopped eating that.

Now, if I crave something, it's usually meat, so I eat it.
  • leonora711
    leonora711 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If I have any calories left for the day, I eat. If not, I'll consider earning some calories (exercise), or "borrowing" some calories from the next day. Or I'll just eat and move on ;).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I used to get those almost unbearable food cravings, but found I mostly don't get them anymore after increasing protein, veggies, and exercise, and decreasing carbs, except for pre-menstrually, and those cravings are manageable now that I'm taking magnesium: What your cravings are trying to tell you.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,026 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Until I started on MFP, I rarely ever had cravings for anything. Sure I'd have a bit of a desire for chocolate or salt or something now and then, but never anything I'd really call a craving, and always easily ignored or dealt with.

I started here, and within a week, I was CRAVING bread. Why bread? I'm not even all that fond of bread and didn't eat much of it.

So ... I started eating a slice of bread every day.

About 4 or 5 weeks later, the craving for bread went away.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Don't crave in to them! Do not go gentle into those good calories.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    18JessieS wrote: »
    what do you think of it do when you are having almost unbearable cravings for food?

I just fit them in my daily calories
    But i dont have them much. Or i ignore them.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    18JessieS wrote: »

If you're talking about cravings for sweet treats and other good goey foods, (1) I make sure I meet my calorie goals and (2) I allow myself to have those good goey foods every single day as long as I reasonably meet my macros.
  • kidcuba176
    kidcuba176 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of ice water in one shot and then google images exactly what I don't wanna be.. That usually scares me away from the Cheetos
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I used to get those almost unbearable food cravings, but found I mostly don't get them anymore after increasing protein, veggies, and exercise, and decreasing carbs, except for pre-menstrually, and those cravings are manageable now that I'm taking magnesium: What your cravings are trying to tell you.

I disagree with that link. I believe most often if you're having a craving, it means you need to make sure you are eating enough calories and/or you really want that something and need to work it into your calories.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I disagree with that link. I believe most often if you're having a craving, it means you need to make sure you are eating enough calories and/or you really want that something and need to work it into your calories.

Agreed, i eat pretty balanced ( and everything) my lab stats dont show anything i am short of.
    Sometimes you just want something nice/yummie, that's all
    Now the trick is to control it. Forget it. Eat it in moderation.
    Willpower does the trick.

• CherylanneCorsini
    CherylanneCorsini Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I keep lots of 100 calorie yogurt on hand.
    Tonight I craved a cherry turnover. Maybe I can exercise enough tmmorrow to make that happen. Have it for breakfast or something.
  • amsmithatc33
    amsmithatc33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We took kiddos to frozen yogurt shop, and in middle of diet. To battle wanting a bowl for myself, I allowed myself 2 samples. (About two spoonfuls). It was delicious and satisfied the craving without totally killing my diet today !
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • NishaPhilips
    NishaPhilips Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Eat whatever I'm craving.

exactly :D
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I eat 2 hardboiled eggs. Cravings are gone.