bye bye baby weight

Options
serkoch27
serkoch27 Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
Fully cleared following a c-section ... Have one month left at home before getting back to work... operation lose the baby weight is in full effect! Any tips from other moms is greatly appreciated...what worked or didn't work ... good things to eat that won't upset baby's tummy while breastfeeding.

Replies

• mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind - if you are breast feeding - gassy foods - may cause gas in your baby. Drink LOTS of water & take notes on what works for you & baby. Walking, and hand weights are a good start. Congratulations!!
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Rather than hand weights, if you have a baby carrier, you can just strap baby to you and go for a stroll. I do that every morning - my 10 month old strapped to my front, and pulling my 3 year old in his wagon behind me. It must be a sight to see, but it sure is a nice little workout!

Don't forget to allow yourself extra calories to account for breastfeeding, so that you don't affect your milk supply. How old is your baby? Depending on where you get your info, you can burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories per day nursing exclusively. It drops once baby starts solids. For example, I nurse my daughter 4 times per day, and allow myself 300 extra calories. It seems to be working well, as I've managed to lose at a fairly steady 1.5lb/week
  • kellydavis970
    kellydavis970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also recently had a baby and I'm ready to start loosing- I would love some mommy friends to help me along the way! :smile:
  • MrsC411
    MrsC411 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No tips but wanted to wish you good luck. I recently had a baby and am looking to do the same.
  • serkoch27
    Options
    Good luck to you too ... we can do it!!
  • serkoch27
    Options
    mom216 - I am breastfeeding and definitely watching out for gassy foods and carry a water bottle with me all day!

WinterSkies- that surely sounds like a work out! It's been raining almost every day so I'm not getting outside much but I'm finally back on my elliptical and slowly adding crunches. My little one is only 5 weeks and I am breastfeeding.

Kellydavis970 - that's what we're on here for! I got cleared Wed. morning ... came home did 20 min. and started an abs program. I can send you the abs calender if you send me your e mail.
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am currently exclusively breastfeeding. Track what you eat but don't worry too much about the calories. Eat when you are hungry and eat healthy. They weight will come off. I had my LO in april and I gained 40 lbs. I am 3lb away from where I was before.
  • kellydc2015
    kellydc2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have an 18 month old and I am in nursing school. I have put in even more weight since she was born! My trouble area has been my stomach. Any tips?

• serkoch27
    Options
    Kellydc2015 - I've been going up and down (down 2 up 1) so it's a slow process but just making sure I get at least a 20 min. walk in and I have a abs program
  • serkoch27
    Options
    I made my picture the abs work out I'm doing ... I had just completed it in addition to using our elliptical or treadmill last summer right before I got pregnant and had lost 20 pounds in a little over 2 months... total work out takes 30 min. to an hour depending on cardio length
  • MrsC411
    MrsC411 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe a silly question but is there a way to enlarge profile pics? I'm still figuring out how to work the site. I'm interested in doing the ab workout. If I can't enlarge it would you mind messaging it to me? I would very much appreciate it!
  • serkoch27
    Options
    Mrsc411-I don't think there is... I can e mail it to you just send your e mail address in a private message.
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, porridge oats and protein packed foods will help your milk supply. Good luck!
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am about 8 weeks postpartum and also breastfeeding exclusively. I have been logging calories and just started to exercise again. I have been losing about 1-1.5 lbs a week by eating around 1900 calories a day (this includes the added 475 calories a day to balance the breastfeeding burn). Sometimes I go over by 300 calories for a few days out of the week and I still have been losing. I am 5'9" though and have a 3.5 year old as well as wear the newborn everywhere. So try to factor in all your personal data when figuring out your goals. Good luck!
  • serkoch27
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • serkoch27
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Reach your weekly goals...about to complete my last work for the week (I take the weekends off because we are usually busy with family.