feeling wobbly on my feet - going too far or withdrawal??

Options
I just startedmy diet yesterday. Today I have:
fully breastfed my 10 week old son
walked about an hour with the buggy (break in the middle)
eaten porridge for brekkie
scrambled egg (2) on toast (2) followed bby low fat yougurt for lunch
2 clementines mid afternoon snack

I am feeling really quite wobbly on my feet right now. The walking might sound a bit much, but I have actually been doing that sort of amount of exercise for the last month ot so, its the food that is very different, particularly no sweets/ choc.

The reason I haven't eaten anything further is we have homemade lasagne for dinner, and when I put it all into the log it used up all my remaining cal allowance.

So is the wobbliness just me adjusting to not having sugar input all day long (:blushing: ) or should I really be eating a little more even if it takes me over my cal allowance?

Replies

• shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just startedmy diet yesterday. Today I have:
    fully breastfed my 10 week old son
    walked about an hour with the buggy (break in the middle)
    eaten porridge for brekkie
    scrambled egg (2) on toast (2) followed bby low fat yougurt for lunch
    2 clementines mid afternoon snack

I am feeling really quite wobbly on my feet right now. The walking might sound a bit much, but I have actually been doing that sort of amount of exercise for the last month ot so, its the food that is very different, particularly no sweets/ choc.

The reason I haven't eaten anything further is we have homemade lasagne for dinner, and when I put it all into the log it used up all my remaining cal allowance.

So is the wobbliness just me adjusting to not having sugar input all day long (:blushing: ) or should I really be eating a little more even if it takes me over my cal allowance?
  • ejy5002
    Options
    If you have a really active lifestyle and aren't able to keep up with stuff, I would eat a little bit more. That's my biggest problem is I'm not usually able to perform day to day activities unless I eat. It DOES become easier as your body gets used to it, so maybe eat a little bit here and there until you work your way down.

Also - when you're struggling with something like this, you might make a special effort for energizing food (so you can eat a big quantity!) rather than taste. So with your toast - look into low-cal breads and what not. I eat fat free hot dogs (I'm a guy and crave protein) and low fat toast, and it's only about 90 cals each!!

I don't know much about the nursing thing so... ...might need a woman's opinion on how that affects things! lol

Best of luck, keep workin' hard.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more when you are nursing. You are still helping to feed the baby! Don't take it too far and order a pizza or anything BUT add some more morning protein at least!!! :happy:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Try eating a couple of dry plain biscuits - ie, digestive, rich tea, shortbread - I used to find it helped when I was nursing - many moons ago :wink:
    Eating little and often, helped enourmously too - I would eat 6 small meals a day whilst nursing.
    Hope this helps and you start feeling better, if not, go see your doctor, just as a precautionary measure :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Oh and congrates on the lil' guy :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Medically speaking, I don't know jack.

But I'd think you should eat some more today, even with that lasagna tonight. Taking care of and breastfeeding an infant takes a lot from a body, especially a body that only gave birth ten weeks ago!

Are you calculating the extra calories you are supposed to be eating to maintain your milk supply? I think it's 500 a day, but I could be wrong. Look into that, if you aren't already eating those calories.
  • dwelsh
    dwelsh Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't know what your total calorie intake is but since your breast feeding you need a more even stream of food all day. Try adding a little protein for your snack. Just 4 or 5 raw almonds should help. Are you drinking enough water? When I was breastfeeding I had to increase my water intake or my cravings went up dramatically.
  • shoppie
    Options
    thanks for all the replies:smile:

am very vareful with my liquid intake - am already over the 8 :laugh:

protein at brekkie is a really good idea - though am bit nervous my willpower won't withstand a packet of nuts in the cupboard :blushing: I'll give it a go though :happy: No wa on god's green earth would I leave a packet of digestives in the cupboard though, I'd defo pork the lot I havean awful sweet tooth :blushing:

I am allowing the extra 500 cals for breastfeeding too

Thanks for the congrats on my son - he is just beautiful in my totally unbiased opinion :wink:
  • JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    breastfeeding is tricky. at 10 weeks your supply may not be totally stable. if you are maxed out I would make a giant salad and use a teeny bit of dressing. also the high protein snacks like nuts are great for him through nursing so if you get a big bag portion them out and then grab one each afternoon when you nurse and a bottle of water.

there are some cool stroller exercises you can do to incorporate an entire workout into a walk!

keep up the good work
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    No wa on god's green earth would I leave a packet of digestives in the cupboard though, I'd defo pork the lot I havean awful sweet tooth :blushing:

Still learning my Brit-speak. :blushing: What are 'digestives'?
  • shoppie
    Options
    Sort of sweetmeal biscuits? They are what you make the botto of a cheesecake from!

Mmm, cheesecake! :devil:

Have ordered loads of sald type stuff with my online shop which is arriving Mon night :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Sort of sweetmeal biscuits? They are what you make the botto of a cheesecake from!

Mmm, cheesecake! :devil:

Have ordered loads of sald type stuff with my online shop which is arriving Mon night :happy:

I guess like a graham cracker.... thanks!