I need to lose lbs in 3 days

Options
QUETA2212
QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
I need to lose 3lbs in 3 days. Does anyone have any good diets I could use that is healthy and not temporary. I workout 5-7 days a week doing Zumba, c25k, and EA sports active. Please share :)

Replies

• QUETA2212
    Options
    Bump...I am about to head to the grocery store in a half hour so I want to be able to shop for whatever ingredients ill need so please post you diets lol
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    sorry not doing it healthy. Why are you fixated on a silly number on the scale. focus on being healthy and how you fit your clothes.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Is this to meet your June 1 goal?

What is your current diet? How many calories are you 'allowed' to have? How many do you typically use? How much water are you drinking? Maybe make your food diary public.

Good luck!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    MFP is the only "diet" you need! Drink lots of water....:drinker:
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    Because my weigh in day is on that day and I will be so disappointed if i don't make goal...I know its a lot to lose in 3 days but I don't normally do this so i figure i will be okay considering ill be still working out and still trying to reach calories I just need better food choices and what not, not like a diet pill or something
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    plus I am not happy with the way my some of my clothes fit, just 3 days
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This would be an artificial loss, food / water weight, that you would only gain back again, so why bother? You could probably lose a pound if you ate like you normally do and do 1 difficult workout, but wouldn't recommend more if you're not used to it.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Eat virtually no carbs so no bread, cereal, rice just dark coloured veggies and lean meats for the next 3 days. You'll probably only hit 900-1000 cals a day but for 3 days it shouldn’t affect you permanently.
  • babytmarie27
    babytmarie27 Posts: 161
    Options
    Whats the big rush? Be careful, I want u to be healthy....well healthy or natural weightloss may come if you drink like 12 glasses of water a day, stick to your calorie count and burn about 600 calories a day...that will probably temporarily get rid of a couple of lbs of water weight...I dont know that 3 is possible without not eating at all and then still exercising....please dont do that!
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Less sodium intake so you do not retain water.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Ideas: Whey protein powder mixed with unsweetened Silk Almond Milk; Dannon Lite & Fit yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese - just some stuff I like to eat.:bigsmile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The only way I could lose 3# in 3 days is with a 72 hour stomach flu. :tongue:

You're too close to your final goal to lose weight that fast. It's time to revise that schedule, and strive to lose a half pound a week, not 3 pounds in 3 days, or 4 pounds in 10 days. The close you get to your goal, the slower it comes off.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Drink more water, eat less sodium and maybe you will lose some water weight.
    But there's no effective way to lose a substantial amount of weight in such a short period of time and keep it off.

Don't beat yourself up over not meeting your June goal. Just take it for what it is and keep going.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You have been on this site since November. You know better than this. 3 lbs isn't going to affect the way your clothes fit.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 3lbs in 3 days.
    No you don't NEED to lose 3lb in 3 days, you WANT to lose 3lb in 3 days and you can't. Not of fat anyway, and especially not so close to your goal weight.

I'm afraid that your current goals are simply unrealistic, 3lb in 3 days, and you want to lose another 4lb between June 1st and June 10th? With only a few pounds to go, that's highly unlikely to happen. Half a pound a week would be a more realistic goal, or maybe a pound a week as you're getting such a lot of exercise.

You've done brilliantly so far, don't make it harder on yourself just as you're coming to the end of this more restricted intake, and moving towards maintenance.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with TourThePast....I noticed your goals too. A realistic goal (and one that won't lead to disappointment) is one pound per week. To lose 4 pounds, you really need to give yourself 4-6 weeks. If you lose weight faster.....well then you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    What they said!.....3 lbs in 3 days....girl....stop da madness! Doable..but it will come back....so then all it would have done was make u smile for a day then bam! ur gonna be all sad cuz u gained weight back....just kill all the junk food...all of it even if it fits ur calorie goal work out and u good! whatever happens..happens
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    Oh I see, thanks for all the input. I guess ill just eat healthier and see how close I have come to my goal weigh I mean the last time I checked I was 143 so we will see how far that drops by June 1 and its not like ill be totally devastated but I want my hair did! lol
  • ginnym1981
    ginnym1981 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    While I'll say that it seems kind of silly to lose 3lbs in 3 days just to *see* the number on a scale, I must respect your choices and realize that it's your motivation and your WLJ....

That said, try eating just fruit, veggies and lean proteins.
    LOTS of water

Avoid sugar, alcohol, carbs, and sodium.

Good luck and please know that when you follow a strict diet like this that your bound to gain a little the next week once you've reintroduced carbs and such back into your diet.
    Just something to think about.....

Good luck!
  • runjill
    runjill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bottle of Hollywood diet. Can buy at Walgreens. Drink that dilouted in half with water over two days and eat eggs, steak and green veggies only. kind of a body cleanse