I need help

Options
lnunez61
lnunez61 Posts: 11 Member
Hello everyone! I need help choosing bread. I know there are several options. I would like to know what brand I should get. Should I go with wheat or gluten free? I'm just not sure what would be my best option. Help!

Replies

• meganlorance
    meganlorance Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The only reason to go gluten free is if you have an intolerance or allergy to gluten. Plus I haven't had any good gluten free bread it taste like cardboard. Regular bread do a whole grain or something that says 100% whole wheat.
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I really like Ezekial Sprouted grain bread (frozen section in organics). It is gluten free, but the more important thing is it is filling. The program I do recommends that brand, and unless the bread is homemade, I can tell how awful regular wheat bread from the store is now. Just not satisfying!
  • lnunez61
    Options
    Ok. I'll try to find it and give it a try. Thanks you.
  • grandma365
    grandma365 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have type two diabetes, the doctor told me to start eating less regular bread and eat whole grain breads. You must read the labels the more grains the better. there are so many breads out there that say that they are whole grain and they aren't. I get the Natures Harvest 18 grains and seeds. You need more fiber than anything. Good luck and just remember to read the labels. That is the best advise any one can give.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I try to find ones that have fiber and protein. but go with what you like and do what you can to fit in in your calorie allotment
  • lnunez61
    Options
    Thanks you.