working out with no weight loss :(

2»

Replies

• I post this everywhere and will continue to post it. Getting fit is not only about the number on the scale but inches lost too!!!! Don't forget to take your measurements and keep track of your results that way too. If I only went by the number on the scale, I don't think I would have stuck to this change for as long as I have....scales are evil in the purest form.
  • kenleighprendergast
    kenleighprendergast Posts: 13 Member
    thank all of y'all so much! the words of encouragement have really helped :)
  • 30Susie30
    30Susie30 Posts: 3
    I forgot to mention, it may be that you gained muscle so it offset the scale of actual weightloss. Chin up! Keep it going!! You can do it!! :smile:
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    One other thing to consider is whether you have been doing the same things for exercise over a period of time. As your routine gets easier, your body becomes more efficient at burning calories. Our bodies need to be challenged. If you are doing the elliptical, try adding 15 second intervals going as fast as you can, then go back to the normal speed for the remaining 45 seconds. Repeat for as long as you can. When you are doing something that challenges your body, more calories will be burned and your weight should start dropping again. It will still come down to 80% diet and 20% exercise... but maybe your exercise isn't as effective as it once was. Just a thought.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.