checking weight

Options
How often do you check your weight?

I was thinking of doing it once or twice a week. I used to do it almost every day but I know that's not good to do. I just like to know where I'm at

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Once a week. No need for more.
  • timtakel
    timtakel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do whatever feels right for you.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Once a week, I tend to get frustrated by lack of change if I check it more often.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Second thing every morning.

Checking every day allows me to see all the little fluctuations due to things like TOM, exercise, travel, etc. It's both interesting and reassuring.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with everyday. I, and many other people, weigh in everyday.
  • x_AmandaJayne_x
    x_AmandaJayne_x Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in once a week
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • Katnrodar
    Katnrodar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done both everyday and once a week. Here's what I learned. I weigh 2-3 lbs less every morning than that evening. And sometimes I retain lbs of water for days then will lose them quickly. Everyday weigh ins will teach you more about your body and how it reacts to different foods you eat. But they can also lead to panic. Unless your doing great and losing a lb a day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Katnrodar wrote: »
    . Everyday weigh ins will teach you more about your body and how it reacts to different foods you eat. But they can also lead to panic. Unless your doing great and losing a lb a day.

They actually calm me. If I go up a little bit, I have a pretty good idea why, and it's OK because I will drop again in a day or two. :)

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I check once a month. It was driving me nut anticipating "weigh day" so I made it less often. It's also nice to never see gains because I space it out enough that fluctuations aren't noticeable.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I used to check once a month but just started weighing in once a week. Hopefully that will keep me on track.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    almost daily, but i don't get freaked out if it's up a couple of pounds. i've learned that even within my calories, if i have an extra glass of wine, or certain foods at night, i'll be up in the morning.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I check it several times a week, on the same scale at the same time of day each time.
  • runningsahm
    runningsahm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, just so I can see how my choices are affecting me. Fluctuations are natural and I don't let them derail me. But I have a tendency to "cheat" after a good weekly weigh in, so daily weigh ins keep me accountable to me. As with nearly everything else about weight loss - Do what works for you.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. I find it motivating to keep me on track. I understand that there will be up and downs. some of them are explainable, some less so
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Everyday
  • chelseakrenzke
    chelseakrenzke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! You all make great points. I used to weigh in every morning before work but I would get frustrated if I wasn't losing or if I gained. I think I'm going to try twice a week....because I do like to see progress! I migh change it later. I do always use the same scale though at the same time of the day (in the morning).
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Second thing every morning.

Checking every day allows me to see all the little fluctuations due to things like TOM, exercise, travel, etc. It's both interesting and reassuring.

^^^this!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Every morning right after I pee. I only log it about once a week though.
  • 4Deepak
    4Deepak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh in every evening before I start my routine at the gym.

I have noticed that my weight changes on a daily basis! I suppose it is due to my lunch intake.

What is the right time to take your weight? Morning or evening? Or somewhere in between.