tighten loose skin after weight loss

hey everyone! im new here... over the past 2-3 years i've lost over 100 pounds. im 22, 5'7, used to weigh 268, now im down to 150! :-) not really trying to lose anymore weight, basically trying to tone up in some target areas. does anybody have advice on how to tone up lower belly fat/side love handles? also on how to tighten up loose skin from the weight loss without surgery...?

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    i started at 282, i'm down almost 50lbs, but my goal is 150. i'm definitely interested! =)
  • Bordenave
    Bordenave Posts: 13
    I would love to hear any feedback on this one. I have the same problem. Loose skin and no money for plastic surgery.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    would also love to hear any advice!!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    I've lost 51 lbs so far and haven't had an issue with loose skin. I do lots of cardio, make sure I stay hydrated and a few months ago I started strength training. I also do dry body brushing, which I started a few months ago and I can see a difference in my skin. This is NOT a cure-all but if done daily as it should be, it will help but you must be patient. I'm including a link where I learned about it and please don't get overwhelmed by the long list of instructions; I just start at my feet and work my way up to my neck area in long strokes....about 6-10 on each body part and it's really that simple. Work towards the heart. It only takes me a few minutes each day before I get in the shower. I also bought a loofah, which I use in the shower w/liquid soap and it does the same thing. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/healingtechniques/dry_brushing_technique.htm
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Ok, I used to weigh 255 - got down to 165 - and i did weight training with my cardio when losing the weight so i toned as I lost - however, there are a multitude of weight training sets you can do to tighten areas you don't like - my most helful tool for workouts is Google to be honest. My old trainers help with ideas sometimes and Fitness magazines or WW Mag and Shape offer great workouts. For your butt/legs - squats, lunges, reverse lunges work wonders - do walking lunges and turn your torso to the side of the leg that is infront to help tone your core as a dual exercise. Bicycle crunches - side to sides (start with exercise ball and work into medicine ball), ball crunches, leg lifts for core - Kick boxing is great for an all over toner...

Hope this helps some
  • victoriashea
    victoriashea Posts: 112
    After dramatic weight loss (or dramatic weight gain, as in pregnancy) there's really no surgery-free option that'll give you perfect results. The good news is that skin will tighten up on its own over time. Maybe not 100%, but about 70-90% better than it is now judging by your height and weight loss. The bad news is it will take weeks. Many, many weeks.
    To accelerate the process and also help get rid of things like stretch marks (if you have them) massage the area twice daily with vitamin E oil or a cell regenerative cream containing vitamins E and/or A.
    Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree hair and body moisturizer contains collagen accelerating properties that can help your skin repair itself and regain elasticity.

Good luck!