Starting AGAIN.

Options
TShultz69
TShultz69 Posts: 16 Member
Good morning :) Tawnya here.
I am once again trying to get my crap together. I know how to lose weight, eat healthy and exercise efficiently but I don't do it!! If I spent half as much time actually following through as I do thinking about it I would be fantastic! This is not my reality, but nonetheless, I'm beginning my journey once again. Good luck everyone! We are not in this alone.

Replies

• FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Been there before too. Second time was the charm for me. Just do it. Well worth the effort.
  • courtokinesis
    courtokinesis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, Tawnya! My mind seems to always drift to health and wellness but I never follow through with my intentions. It's finally time for me to invest in myself and my wellness and be the best version of myself I can be, and that goes for you too :)
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight since 2011. Something just clicked this time and I'm down to almost goal weight; you can't think about the past. Add me if you like.
  • lilbitoftrouble
    lilbitoftrouble Posts: 2,052 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight since 2011. Something just clicked this time and I'm down to almost goal weight; you can't think about the past. Add me if you like.

^ This says it for me as well. I am about 5lbs away from my goal weight and you can add me if you like as well.
  • TheChangeIsNow
    TheChangeIsNow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tawnya! *raises hand* I'm totally guilty of what you wrote! Day three here! We can do this! We just all need to keep each other motivated and focused! I'm guilty of thinking my weight loss vs doing it. This time, I'm winning this thing! You are too!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This is my second time here also. Sometimes it is about timing and commitment. The first time I was not ready to fully commit.
  • farmer50340
    farmer50340 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am on round 3. This is the longest that I've stayed committed to it, hopefully for me third time is the charm. Good luck to you.
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second serious run. I've been doing really great so far. The difference this time for me is I educated myself. Really informing myself about nutrition. It's really helped keep me on track!
  • Simply827
    Simply827 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again too this week. Hopefully for the last time!
  • nikkimtsk
    nikkimtsk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. 3rd or 4th time here, now training for a half marathon (again) and hoping to try for another baby later this year so if that won't motivate me nothing will. Feel free to add me.
  • AlbertWong
    AlbertWong Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm on my first 1 week streak in a few years and committed to sticking to it. For me it's been a lot of change, travel, moving and stress that killed my resolve and focus and got me into bad habits this last couple years. I'm hoping that having settled down a bit now I can get this done. Best of luck to you Tawnia in round 2 :)
  • cspa78
    cspa78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am starting AGAIN today too! You took the words right out of my mouth, if I spent half as much time doing as I do thinkinging about it, I would be successful. We can do it! Hang in there. Good Luck!
  • Simply827
    Simply827 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    nikkimtsk wrote: »
    I'm the same. 3rd or 4th time here, now training for a half marathon (again) and hoping to try for another baby later this year so if that won't motivate me nothing will. Feel free to add me.

I too am using getting healthy for a baby as motivation. I'm a few years out, but I might as well get started now.

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    have kept this weight off 2 1/2 yrs, (that is usually when I turn around and put it back on) then gained 10, have lost 4, so here I go again, don't want to let it get too far this time. It Is a lot of work but worth it
  • lynnj1975
    lynnj1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wish I wasn't but am exactly the same.
  • ALien0502
    ALien0502 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG, you're my soul sister. I know all the right things to do but just don't. I do find using Fitness Pal to log my food intake is very helpful. As long as I honestly log what I eat. I'm cheering for you!!!
  • TShultz69
    TShultz69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I'm telling you, I am a friggin EXPERT at diet, nutrition, and exercise in my mind. But I LOVE to eat (very healthy plant based whole foods PLUS junk food. Waaahhhh) and I tend to make excuses to not exercise ....so here I am 30lbs overweight!
  • strangeling06
    strangeling06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    TShultz69 wrote: »
    Good morning :) Tawnya here.
    I am once again trying to get my crap together. I know how to lose weight, eat healthy and exercise efficiently but I don't do it!! If I spent half as much time actually following through as I do thinking about it I would be fantastic! This is not my reality, but nonetheless, I'm beginning my journey once again. Good luck everyone! We are not in this alone.

I know exactly what you mean! I'm starting once again myself. Hang in there and best of luck to you! :smile:
  • lynnj1975
    lynnj1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am tired of making excuses for myself. I know that exercise is key. I didn't really exercise yesterday, playing in the pool with the kids doesn't count, and am upset with myself. My excuse was a combo of tired, upset and it was too hot. Ggrrr! This morning hate myself for it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Right there with you sister. I do so well for a while then slowly let myself get lazy - its so easy for those old habits to creep back up! Good luck! You can do it! Try not to focus on the number but just taking one day at a time making healthier decisions than yesterday. I find making fitness related goals gives me better results than weight related goals. Add me if you like :)