Here I Go Again (on my own?)

Options
I'm coming up on my senior year of college and would like to drop about 70 lbs before I graduate. My boyfriend says he will take this weight loss journey with me, but we've been down the road before- and I've failed. So, here I go. I'm going to do it this time. I want to make a change for myself, and what better time than right before I close a big chapter of my life. I'm more scared than ever. I'm at my highest weight. I've been struggling with bad anxiety due to work. But I NEED to do this.

Replies

• lashandra205
    lashandra205 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you are not alone in this. I lost about 40lbs and regained, so I know the aggravation. Feel free to add me. Sometimes its better with friends :)
  • TheChangeIsNow
    TheChangeIsNow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I'm on day three, so I'm new to this as well. MFP has helped a GREAT deal already! You're here and a part of a community with people dealing with the very same issues as you. I'm wishing you the best on this! Feel free to add me.
  • audreyjlucas
    audreyjlucas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Alexia,
    It sounds like your mind is set to succeed. I had to find a new way to deal with anxiety and stress....food seemed so immediate and obviously it was because I packed on the pounds, I tried To change my choices. Instead of carbs I choose protein packed snacks. My new low carb diet has completely eliminated my anxiety!! I no longer have the afternoon crash and slump and I have lost 27 pounds in 2 months. I do not eat Bread, sugar rice or potatoes. Enjoy the journey to the new you
  • strangeling06
    strangeling06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! You got this! Keep going!
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You just have to have the right mindset and tools (MFP is a great tool). I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs right now. Feel free to add me if you would like. Check out FitnessBlender.com (free workout videos), they are who I use for my workouts. :)
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Are you going down the only road you've ever known? Like a drifter, were you born to walk alone?
  • Suzmp88
    Suzmp88 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Alecia, this is your time and you can totally do it. Take advantage of your boyfriend doing this with you; it makes a world of difference to have someone right there making the same steps. Feel free to friend me.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    And have you made up your mind that you ain't wastin' no more time?
  • 19Nelly88
    19Nelly88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely not alone! I had bad anxiety attacks also and that's actually what encouraged me to finally get healthy for real that time. I lost 60 lbs! Gained it back, but that's why I'm here again. Would love to help encourage you!
  • aleciastark
    aleciastark Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This really does seem to be the only road I've ever known, weight has been an issue since elementary school. But this time, it needs to stick. Thank you all for your kind words. It's so nice to know I'm not alone in this.