My demon.

Options
snarf220
snarf220 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am 36 years old 276 pound want to lose 76 pounds. my problem is I don't like to exercise.

Replies

• jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    In all reality, exercising is great for overall health but all you need to lose weight is a caloric deficit. You achieve this by cutting 20% of your TDEE. I have lost over 40 lbs just by creating this deficit, without really working out. Eventually I want to start lifting but for now I will continue to just eat less then what I burn to continue to lose the last 20 or so pounds I want.

Check out this site to determine what your TDEE is.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/#results

Also check out these great board posts.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

Hope this helps. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • snarf220
    Options
    Thank you
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    snarf220 wrote: »
    Thank you

No problem. Feel free to add me if you need a little extra daily motivation!
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise too, but honestly after I do a kick *kitten* workout, I feel fantastic! Like I'm all pumped up with 24" arms. Then I look in the mirror. Damn mirror
  • snarf220
    Options
    I wrote it wrong. its not that I don't like to exercise my problem is once I get off from work I go home take a shower sit on the sofa then I can't go to the gym or for a walk. but hopefully I get motivated from you guys. sorry for my english but English is not my first language.
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Go in the morning. That's what I do. I am the same as you. After work, I sit and do nothing. Your English is great!
  • snarf220
    Options
    Thank you.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You lose weight in the kitchen and you get fit in the gym. You don't have to do one minute of exercise to lose weight, you just have to eat at a caloric deficit. Figure out a reasonable calorie goal to lose .5-2 pounds/week and weigh, measure and log everything you eat.

However, exercise has so many other benefits such as stress relief and helping you look as good out of clothes as in them! Exercise will also help you more easily maintain any loss that you do have.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan either. I started walking on my breaks. I think thing is to find something you enjoy doing. But sometimes you have to take it one step at a time. Maybe create good eating habits then work in more exercise. Good luck!