burgers, pizza, and chips...oh my!!!

Options
Jessalane0607
Jessalane0607 Posts: 89 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Jess. I'm 30 years old, and I recently pulled the rose colored glasses from my eyes. I'm big. This is the biggest I've ever been, and I'm miserable with myself. I thought I could do this all on my own. But I've discovered I like the comfort of eating too darn much that it has become a crutch. I really need help and support from whoever is willing to stay in this until the end. I've lost 17 pounds so far, but that doesn't seem to matter to me. I still see the same old, fat me. I have a goal of 80 pounds, but I would really love to be down 100+. I'm starting with one massive foot in front of the other...again. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica nice to meet you, I understand what you're going through and its really not a nice feeling to be down about the way you look, its horrible! Feel free to add me if you want some support, motivation and advice :) im more than happy to be there for you! James
  • LP4life
    LP4life Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Jessica I am just starting this journey as well and i know all to well how you feel right now. I am in it to win it in getting healthy and making a lifestyle change for the betterment of myself. So feel free to add me and we can do this together. my goal is also 100lbs!!!! Let's do this!!
  • Jessalane0607
    Jessalane0607 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You two are wonderful for saying such sweet and comforting things. Let's do it! :)
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The first step to anything is admitting when something needs to be changed. In this sense, you realize you need to change your eating and exercising habits to become a healthier you! I wish you all the luck! I started with about 115 pounds to lose, and have lost 38 so far. (2 pounds til ONEderland) If you would like to feel free to add me, I do daily motivational quotes and love to help keep my friends on track! You can do this!
  • emmer415
    emmer415 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess,

I can relate about the comfort of eating! I also tend to eat when I'm bored, which is a very bad thing. Like you, I'm 30, and far bigger than I'd like to be. I just signed up for MFP today; I'm hoping that this will help me get it together! I'm looking to lose about 65 lbs; though 75-80 certainly wouldn't hurt. Message me anytime if you want to talk!

Emily