Weight lifters or Physique Competitors?

Options
Hello,
I was just curious if there was a community of weight lifters/ physique competitors on here. I am in the process of a 8 week cut for a competition I have in the fall. To decrease my body fat percentage from 18 to 13%. Just would like some people to talk to. Work through some of my problems with etc. If you are interested add me or feel free to send me a message!
Thank you, Nicki

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes and yes.

some lift, some are physique competitors, some are power lifters, some do comps for lifting...

There are probably groups for this as well...if you search "physique" you might find some.

I am a weight lifter but non competitive.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifter for the "look good naked" crew.
  • MrFitness225
    MrFitness225 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifter for me, myself and I (and others to admire)....but would love to meet like minded individuals for discussions, etc etc...
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    You might also find some like minded people in this group:

Eat, Train & Progress
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes.

I like being pretty- and I like picking things up.

So- I lift in lip stick.

#don'thate

LOL
  • cbrook29
    cbrook29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am planning on entering a physique competition in September but I am a true novice. Never competed.
  • cbrook29
    cbrook29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Going from 13 to 8% might be a little tight in 8 weeks. Depends on your body. Definitely doable. I have been told (take this with a grain of salt - I'm a newbie) that you should allow 10-12 weeks just in case there is a hiccup. Hope you so well in your competition.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You can add me, just leave a message re: you're a competitor. I"m currently 16 weeks out from my 3rd show.
  • nknjansen
    nknjansen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request!

I'm a powerlifter. I am aiming on dropping a weight class (~20 lbs) in real weight loss for may of next year, but I've had some decent luck with cutting water weight on 24-hour weigh in events, close to 6 lbs. Unfortunelty, half the events I do are 2 hour weigh ins, so that doesn't really work.