Any DVD Recommendations For Beginners?

Options
I've never really exercised much and I've got a desk job so I've not been very active for the past few years. I've started walking on my treadmill and I know cardio is very important when you have 100+ pounds to lose like me. I want to start doing some toning and strenght training at home. If anyone could recommend some good videos, I would appreciate it. :smile:

Replies

• smiler1978
    smiler1978 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there

I started DVDs last year and I think most have a 'beginners' option throughout.

Personally I love the Davina DVDs - start off with bottles of water as weights and get heavier with them.

I had some good results from them!

Good luck
    Steph
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    There are some great beach body videos out there. I hear supreme 90 is good, and less $$. (I think it is a lot of weights)
    I personally do beach body stuff, I am a coach, and really like it. A lot of people do turbo fire or turbo jam on here.
    It's great cardio.

If you want info on beach body, pm me. I can't post it on here.

Robin
  • nicolarundell
    nicolarundell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    IVE GOT 2 SAY ZUMBA IS THE BEST ONE TO GET U REALLY FEEL LIKE UR WORKIN OUT BUT ITS ALSO REALLY FUN XX GOOD LUCK:happy:
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    I Just got the Biggest Loser Challenge for the WII, They sell it on DVD as well.
    The one for the WII is great for beginners
    ~Amy~
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's walk videos are good. She has a 1, 2, and 3 mile one. They are really easy but they will give you a good burn.
  • ozbungirl
    ozbungirl Posts: 1
    Options
    Which Zumba video do you have? I would love to find a good one.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos are great for beginners. I pull those out when I have one of those "I don't feel like exersizing" days. I also like things that are so fun that I forget that I'm working out, like different types of dancing, zumba, and hula hooping. There are dvd's for all of those things, but I just do them to music too.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    There are some great beach body videos out there. I hear supreme 90 is good, and less $$. (I think it is a lot of weights)
    I personally do beach body stuff, I am a coach, and really like it. A lot of people do turbo fire or turbo jam on here.
    It's great cardio.

I love Turbo Jam! I do it almost every day. It has some great beginner's workouts... some shorter workouts, like 20 mins cardio to help get you started. I've had the 5 Rockin' Workouts Kit for about 2 years now, & expanded my collection to include "Totally Tubular Turbo", "Booty Sculpt+Abs", & a couple of others. I gotta tell you, you'll find a video you like, learn the choreography, & turn up the music. It gets so easy! And it's fun. And if you add the weighted hand gloves? Wow... it's only about 1-2lbs, but MAN does it make a huge difference!
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    I think Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos are great for beginners. I pull those out when I have one of those "I don't feel like exersizing" days. I also like things that are so fun that I forget that I'm working out, like different types of dancing, zumba, and hula hooping. There are dvd's for all of those things, but I just do them to music too.

My best friend got married last year and her mom lost like 30lbs doing Walk Away The Pounds. Also, while reading this it popped into my head that public libraries always have dvds (including fitness) that you can rent... I would just go there and pick out a few and keep renting until you find one or two that you love, at which point you can go buy them if you want to. Good luck!!!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Anyone could do the 30 Day Shred, you can adapt it to suit your fitness.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    IVE GOT 2 SAY ZUMBA IS THE BEST ONE TO GET U REALLY FEEL LIKE UR WORKIN OUT BUT ITS ALSO REALLY FUN XX GOOD LUCK:happy:

I totally agree! It's fun, doesn't hurt and really gets you sweating. I started with ZUMBA 20 minute express, gradutated to ZUMBA cardio party and am now conquering ZUMBA sculpt and tone. Definitely worth a try.:smile:
  • Jamie_Schwartz
    Options
    My best friend got married last year and her mom lost like 30lbs doing Walk Away The Pounds. Also, while reading this it popped into my head that public libraries always have dvds (including fitness) that you can rent... I would just go there and pick out a few and keep renting until you find one or two that you love, at which point you can go buy them if you want to. Good luck!!!

Thank you all for the suggestions. And I never even thought about checking out what the library has to offer.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I Just got the Biggest Loser Challenge for the WII, They sell it on DVD as well.
    The one for the WII is great for beginners
    ~Amy~

what is that like for the wii. just moved the wii into a better room bought zumba fitness today and have ea active some where , need find it, love having a child
  • Nomoreplus_sizes
    Nomoreplus_sizes Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I second Leslie's walk of the pounds. The music bores me to tears, but you might like it. If not, do what I do. Since it's a fairly easy routine to follow I just lower her volume and play my music through my speakers. When I'm away from my home I listen to my mp3 player headphones while doing the routine with the volume down.

Also check out Hulu, they have a few videos streaming online.