Looking for support (Pre-OP Gastric Bypass)

Options
I am on my journey to having Gastric Bypass. I am hoping for support and looking for others who are on their way to having it or have already had the surgery.

A little about myself: I have been over weight since I was in middle school. I had always wanted to try to lose weight at that age, but I didn't know how. Until I was around seventeen is when I decided to do some research. I bought myself some workout videos and created my own plan. I worked hard and it paid off! I lost weight, not a lot, but a comfortable amount. Then I had two babies. Long story short, trying to lose weight has gotten worst. This is my last resort. I'm done with losing then gaining and gaining some more.

Anyone feel free to add me for support!:)

*Don't comment telling me I'm taking the easy way out. This is a tool just like the weights/other equipment you are using. So if you feel the need to be an *kitten* do it somewhere, and preferably to someone like yourself.

Replies

• aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    its not the easy way out, my husband had the op back in October, and has lost 8 stones since. so I know how it is! good luck on your journey!
  • nisey2600
    nisey2600 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I support you 100 % when is the procedure scheduled? I'm doing the pre op diet right now.
  • lauras1990
    lauras1990 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve done on 06-15-2015. It's not easy, but no regrets! Since the pre-op diet, I have lost 37 pounds and feel so much better. Good Luck on your journey.
  • lenoraflynn
    lenoraflynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting my journey. I know how it is to struggle with weight. I have always had problems with mine even lost 170 lbs 5 years ago but that was with a doctor prescribed pill. Don't want to that again. I gained 100 back and decided that this was my option to get it off and keep it off. Hope to support you with your journey.