Thug Kitchen

Options
TShultz69
TShultz69 Posts: 16 Member
I just found this awesome vegan cookbook. Even if you aren't vegan it is a great way to get more veggies into your diet. It's hilarious and entertaining but it really does have great recipes! Warning: contains a LOT of swearing but it's great. Thug Kitchen. Google it and watch the promo trailer on YouTube. Make sure the kiddos aren't around ;)

Replies

• alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! Everything I've made in it is amazing. Have you tried the lemon mint quinoa yet? Delicious!

Unfortunately, many of the recipes are a bit higher carb for how I'm eating now (medical reasons). But I LOVE that book!
  • TShultz69
    Options
    Yeah I agree about the carbs. I try and stay away from processed carbs. I love the book because it makes me giggle and gets me hyped to eat real food.
  • ms_true
    ms_true Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So far I've made the ChickpeaTabbouleh and Herb Potato Salad. Can recommend both especially if you love lemon.
  • TShultz69
    Options
    Can't wait to try them! Yes I love lemon too :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    sounds like a lame gimmick to sell a cookbook
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    TShultz69 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree about the carbs. I try and stay away from processed carbs. I love the book because it makes me giggle and gets me hyped to eat real food.

...as opposed to...?
  • TShultz69
    Options
    Processed, chemically engineered crap
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    k, I'm out.
  • TShultz69
    Options

Nonetheless it's funny and has good, healthy, vegetarian recipes. Living in our wonderful, free country, one can choose not to read it or buy it :)
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options

It would be a lame gimmick to sell a cook book, but the book is actually full of great content to back it up. Honestly, it's entertaining to read, but more importantly, it's delicious.
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The website is great, I haven't checked out the book yet. I love the approach :)