I'm scared

Options
LoriD628
LoriD628 Posts: 1 Member
3 friends of mine have either passed away or have come close to. I have SVT and am scared to death about not waking up or having g a massive heart attack. I don't know what to do.....

Replies

• smtaylo85
    smtaylo85 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    SVT?
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Have you been to a doctor? What did he/she say?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    #yolo
  • AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    #yolo

Omfg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My mother had SVT (I'm assuming you mean Supraventricular Tachycardia?) when I was a kid and I remember it being very scary for everyone at times. She eventually was able to schedule surgery and hasn't had a problem with it since.

If the anxiety of it is interfering with your life, it really sounds like something you should talk to your doctor or a therapist about to see if they can help.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LoriD628 wrote: »
    3 friends of mine have either passed away or have come close to. I have SVT and am scared to death about not waking up or having g a massive heart attack. I don't know what to do.....

SVT doesn't usually lead to a heart attack or death. Do you have a particularly bad case of it? Have you discussed triggers and treatments with your doctor?

Talk to your doctor. Develop a plan to manage the condition, and then go on about your life knowing that you are doing what you can. Many people live with chronic conditions. Stressing over it won't make it better.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Doctoral advice wassssss??????