Hi! Does any one watch shows while on the treadmill?

Options
My name is Amanda.
haven't been here in a long time. I have gained 13 pounds since my last login! I need to get back to being healthy but I have so many excuses! Does any one have any favorite show or motivational you tube channel to watch? The treadmill is soon boring! How but a favorite podcast? I'm not limiting my self to just my treadmill, I just looking for a way to make it less boring
thanks!

Replies

• Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like to watch extreme make over weight loss edition on youtube. But on a side note if the treadmill is boring don't do it there are tons of cardio options. I also love to listen to music while I workout
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I listen to spotify / rockmyrun :3
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes I started using the weightloss program on my treadmill and it goes in intervals so it's not as boring and I watch Seinfeld for an hour!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I listen to Zombies Run while on the treadmill. Great story line, keeps me interested and because I want to know what happens next it keeps me going back.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to music. The gym has TVs but they're all set to boring cr@p.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Get off the dreadmill and run outside. :)
  • thorenkate
    thorenkate Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OMG I am addicted to Scandal while working out on the stairclimber!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    Get off the dreadmill and run outside. :)

I guess that is okay if it's not 100 degrees out. Anyway, yes op I used to watch movies on the treadmill. It really made the time go faster and I would find myself doing more than I expected to do. :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Let yourself watch TV ONLY on the treadmill.

You'll watch less TV AND walk more!
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I also do Zombies, Run! with a crapton of awesome playlists (the 5k training program I have doesn't support random music apps, but the full version might support 8tracks!) on the treadmill when it's too cold to run outside.

Music is usually best for me. I've tried watching shows, but between bouncing eye glasses and almost tripping on the sides of the treadmill (and the fact that most treadmills are built for someone taller than I am), it just makes me feel a bit dizzy and headachy. So I just tune out or listen to podcasts. Welcome to Nightvale makes for amazing cardio podcast listening, though you're apt to bust out laughing and draw stares from whoever's near you.
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everone! I have a treadmill at home that hardly get used because once I got it I found it boring after a while. I try to walk/run with a friend if I have time and do other types of exercise. I'd like to get hooked on a story or interesting topic that doesn't require always staring at the screen. Like a comedy? Comedian? Interesting podcast? I'll tryWelcome to Nightvale
    thanks!
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Outside is always better,but I can't always get out with the kids ...
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    fat doctor, my 600 lb life, too fat for 15, and maury
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes, come over to Nightvale and never return. >3

Seriously, it's an addictive, really excellently written show.

If you like stories and find it easy to get wrapped into storylines and characters, I recommend Zombies, Run! very strongly - the 5km training program is all my experience with it so far (they created it after the original app, but it's supposed to be sort of a prelude into the story, I think?) but by the end of the first "episode", I was completely hooked. The voicing is also high quality and there's a massive fan community that generates some awesome stories and stuff to fill the void when you're not running from imaginary zombs.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    dieter1200 wrote: »
    fat doctor, my 600 lb life, too fat for 15, and maury

hahaha i love this
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When I use our treadmill I watch Food TV Network. I love that channel. :smile: I like to burn calories while I get ideas on what to cook for dinner.
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I listen to mysteries on audio-books that i download from the library...and I only let myself listen to the book if i'm exercising! When it's a gripping story, man, do i get alot of exercise!!! :) Also, i've learned that if i increase the font on my ereader, i can read while on the elliptical. It doesn't work if i run on the treadmill for me though (too much bouncing, thus the audio-books). And the audio books are good for runs outside, as well. B)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I watch 15 tvs while i walk. (massive gym)
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I watch my queued Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube shows while on my elliptical machine. No commercials and makes the time go by much faster!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Watching TV only makes the treadmill more boring. Instead, I turn the thing off, and up the speed. I'm there to work out not to catch up on my stories. Time is precious. Besides, I get too dizzy running or walking with the tv on.