Need motivation from fellow girls who only need to lose a couple stone!

Options
I find it much easier to stay motivated when I'm surrounded by people in the same boat. So few people at work understand the struggles of losing weight when you're not exactly overweight. They all say I don't need to and they go on about losing 5-6 pounds a week. I'd be happy to lose 1 pound. So for anyone else who feels like this. Add me and we can motivate one another :)

Replies

• SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy if you like? I'm 11st 1lb and want to be somewhere between 9 and 10st. I get people telling me I don't need to lose weight too but I want to shift all my baby weight, get back to where I was before I had kids and fit into my old clothes.

I'm pretty new to the community section of MFP so I've no idea how to add someone so please can you add me? :smile:
  • wintersyve
    wintersyve Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 10st 8.75lb right now and would like to get down to 9st or just under. Feel free to add me if you like
  • mbanks123
    mbanks123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel like I should share my weight now! Haha. I'm 9st 9lb and hoping to get below 9 st :)
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started at 10st 9, currently 9st 1, and aiming for about 8st 10. Will be looking into body recomposition from there as I'm pretty happy with my size, just need to lose some fat and tone up. (I hear it's very slow so not really looking forward to that bit, haha)
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I dont get the 10st, 8st, 9st numbers dont know what they mean lol but i only have to lose 5-7 lbs more its all in the hip section. So far i have lost 39lbs after having my 3rd and last baby 6 months ago.
    I'm 39 yrs old, 5'1" SHM fulltime
    SW:171
    CW:132
    GW:125-127
    You're welcome to add me, i log every day and try to eat as clean as possible and exercise to burn the baby fat.
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just dropped you an add. I'd ideally like to lose two stone to get down to 10. Finding it difficult, keep losing motivation.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose a total of 30lbs (er, 2st 2lb), but I'm not sure I'd be a good fit for the thread because I never seem to understand what you British people are talking about with stone and shifting weight and biscuits and beetroot and Capsicum, lol. :wink:
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Britain is soooo confusing to us Americans all the stones here are different sizes! lol. Anyway
    SW: 140 (10st?)
    CW: 136.8 (9st 7lb ish?)
    GW: 120 or 115 depending on how I feel once I get to 120
  • mbanks123
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! You've all done really well losing so much. I think most of us are at that difficult point where we just want to tone up now. I've bought a tape measure to track my toning rather than using them damn scales. They just make me give up haha.

But yes the American English thing is a problem but all I know is that I want to lose another 9 pounds for now :) that applies to both countries right? :D
  • awildmiri
    awildmiri Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started in February at 10st7lbs, which at 5''1' was verging on proper overweight - I just hit my goal weight of 8st7lbs in the last couple of weeks! You can do it!
  • mbanks123
    Options
    Wow! Well done. What will you do now? Just maintain it? You happy now? :)
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh now i get the stone talk (Silly me haha)
    Toning up is my next project, i have to get rid off my skinny fat
  • awildmiri
    awildmiri Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've dipped under a little, actually, I was 8st6lbs on Sunday and sort of vaguely aiming for 8st2lbs-8st5lbs just to give myself a buffer zone, but honestly now the difficulty is actually eating to maintenance calories! I'm so used to 1,000-1,200 that suddenly having 1,700 to work with feels like SO MUCH food, I'm losing weight without meaning to because I changed so many of my unhealthy eating habits and started going to the gym on top of that, haha.

I'm so happy with the way I look now compared to how I looked previously - if you haven't already, I absolutely recommend taking a 'before' picture in your underwear, and then when you hit goal take pictures in the same underwear. You DO NOT realise how much your body has changed until you can put those two pictures next to each other!
  • startingoveragain2020
    startingoveragain2020 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I'm 11st 5 and would like to get down to 9st 7. Want to be fit and really interested in starting to lift. Would love to hear from anyone else who's had results from lifting.
  • jessicahillierx
    jessicahillierx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've given you an add :) I'm just over 9.5 stone and would maybe like to get to below 9. I'm a kinda skinny fat person I'm within my bmi but I have a lot of fat on my tummy and hips but nowhere else! Would love motivation off other people in similar situation!!