Well Howdy

Options
Well Hi! *wave*

I'm Gemma, also known as MGP (Metal Gear Panda :D)

I've been in this battle now for a long time but only started using MFP recently when I discovered it for Android, must say, it's a nifty app that helps, and is realistic!

I've recently bought Zumba fitness dvd's although I have been going to classes for a year, I actually enjoy doing stuff at home, I dont feel like people are watching me fail when I'm in the room on my own wailing in the wind.

So far I've lost a stone and 2 lbs altogether since I started. Which is a big deal for me anyway!

About me, I'm scottish, I have a love of Ice Hockey and Ice Skating, I love metal music and am a bookworm. Not much else to me really, oh and I'm 26. :) I am also a gamer geek. I play World of Warcraft among other things.

So hope I get a warm welcome :D

Replies

• Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    welcome!! good luck on your continued success in losing!
    shine
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well, howdy right back at ya! Besides the tools, MFP is great for motivation and positive reinforcement, unless you're the type that wants your butt kicked when you feel your slipping...it's good for that, too!:smile: Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    hi and welcome to MFP.....you will find alot of support and friendship here.....hope you will accomplish all your goals and if you want to add me...please feel free....i have along way to go and will be here until and am done and propbably beyond. best of luck to you!

kathy :o)
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you all for the warm replies, it's good to find a place that is so friendly!

I shall add you Kathy and feel free to add me, having a weight loss buddy is always a good thing I've found :)
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome to MFP! You'll love the support and encouragement you can find here. You'll be amazed at how this community of strangers engages with one another regardless of where everyone's at on reaching their goals. Tons of great ideas for food, exercise, and other tips can be found here, too.

Ps. What is a "stone"? I've seen others use that reference but I don't have any idea of what that equates to in kg or lb. :blushing:
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No worries Leah

A stone over here equates to 14lbs. It's just the metric system used in a different way :)
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up for me! :happy: