smoothies

NancMoss
NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
Breakfast smoothie?

Any yummy recipes? ?

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Here's the one I make for my DH - one banana, one scoop choc protein powder, two handfuls baby spinach, few tbs oats, 1-2 cups of milk to get desired thickness. It tastes like a choc-banana thickshake!
  • NancMoss
    That sounds delicious! Im trying it tomorrow.

Thanks!
  • KimberlyLBergman
    KimberlyLBergman Posts: 39 Member
    I use two different sites and they email you recipes and a weekly grocery list. IncredibleSmoothies.com and SimpleGreensmoothies.com Both are good, but Incredible Smoothies does do the nutrition count for you. I add a few things here and there to boost my protein i.e. chia Seeds, Hemp seeds or oats. I, however, add them to the calorie count. Hope this helps!
  • BetterBod91
    BetterBod91 Posts: 32 Member
    This is my fave collection of smoothies. The one with banana and ginger is amazing. http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-recipes/20-super-healthy-smoothies?s=9
  • NancMoss
    Thanks guys!
  • mgotravel
    mgotravel Posts: 8 Member
    Crazy but true: I cut up a bunch of fruit and freeze it, then pull some out and put the chunks in the blender with a little bit of water so it just tastes like fruit. My favorite is mangos with cardomom and a splash of milk, so it takes like mango lassi from the Indian restaurant, without the calories. I'm still using some mangos from last summer that I froze.