Slow cooker casseroles

nikki_dw
nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
I recently received the Crock Pot Casserole as a wedding gift. I'm super excited because it's a more shallow dish. When I'd make layered dishes in my regular slow cooker, they would get burnt on the outsides and not cooked to my liking on the inside. I'm already planning to try out a turkey lasagna tomorrow. Also, I'm a teacher and we start obnoxiously early (last Friday in July for the kids!!), so I need to stockpile some easy recipes. :smiley:

What other casseroles do you like to cook in the crock pot??

(Here is the Crock Pot I'm referring to: http://www.crock-pot.com/specialty/new-casserole-crock-slow-cooker/)

Replies

• mariejohnson966
    mariejohnson966 Posts: 1 Member
    Pot roast, taco dip, pulled chicken, chicken fajita soup, chilli and every thing else. Since I'm eating healthy now I pinterest a lot!!!
  • mgotravel
    mgotravel Posts: 8 Member
    I like making peachy ribs, chicken chili, and homemade marinara in the crock pot. I'm a teacher, too..after teaching 180 high schoolers, it's nice to come home to a dinner already made. I picked up a used copy of a cookbook called Fix it and Forget It on amazon.com. Every recipe in there was easy and tasty. Good luck!
  • lourdes1201
    lourdes1201 Posts: 25 Member
    bump
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Bump - interested in recipes too!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    How about a layered enchilada with corn tortillas, beans, chicken, and veggies? Kind of like a Mexican lasagna.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    nikki_dw wrote: »
    Crock Pot Casserole

What other casseroles do you like to cook in the crock pot??

(Here is the Crock Pot I'm referring to: http://www.crock-pot.com/specialty/new-casserole-crock-slow-cooker/)

I didn't know such a thing existed!! I have a regular crock pot also, but this is awesome! Sorry I don't have any ideas for you as far as casseroles ~ but I just googled and a few things came up! Check this out on pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/debisnicko/crockpot-casseroles/
  • mgotravel
    mgotravel Posts: 8 Member
    Recently bought a 4 or 5 lb. Boston butt pork roast (a half picnic roast also works). Put in crock pot fatty side up. Poured a 15.5 oz can of sliced peaches on top. Sprinkled a bit of salt on top. Set it on low for 8 hours. Ate delicious pulled pork for 3 nights. This also has a great flavor if you pour a can of beer over it instead of the peaches. It is delicious and does not tadte like alcohol!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Peel and slice up for our five potatoes and put in bottom of crock pot. Put four or five sliced carrots on top of that. Slice onions on top of that. Pour a can of English Peas on top. Then, put about a lob of browned hamburger (with salt and pepper to taste, can also cook onions and bell peppers in with the meat) meat on top. Pour a can of tomato sauce or tomato soup on top of all of it. Add about half a can of water in so it doesn't burn on the bottom. I love garlic so usually throw in some powder or fresh. Cook on low all day.
  • crzyone
    Boneless pork ribs in bottom, pour a bottle of bar b que sauce on top. Put a cup of water in bottom so it won't burn.
  • crzyone
    Pork chops with a can of apple pie filling poured on top.
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    mgotravel wrote: »
    I like making peachy ribs, chicken chili, and homemade marinara in the crock pot. I'm a teacher, too..after teaching 180 high schoolers, it's nice to come home to a dinner already made. I picked up a used copy of a cookbook called Fix it and Forget It on amazon.com. Every recipe in there was easy and tasty. Good luck!

This isn't health or food related but you deserve a medal for having to deal with that many high school aged kids in a day. <3
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    crzyone wrote: »
    Pork chops with a can of apple pie filling poured on top.

and that sounds delish
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Turkey chili with beans. Serve with corn bread or crackers. Delicious.