I need to lose a healthy adult - scared of failing

Options
starrista
starrista Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey there MFP Community,

I'm a 36 year old female who needs to lose 150 lbs. I'm currently 308 lbs. and am 5'5" tall. I'm a fourth grade teacher and married mama to a four year old boy. I found out about this awesome site on Reddit and am so glad I did.

Ten years ago I weighed 165 and had so much wonderful energy and long to have that back. I did not gain this weight overnight and need to know that I won't lose the weight overnight. I'm prone to anxiety and depression but am NOT going to let those conditions hinder becoming a healthier me. Tracking is huge for me... Everything that goes into my mouth must be recorded! I have a bad habit of making healthy eating out to be a diet and not a new way of life to ensure health for my husband and son. If I fail or cheat I stop recording, etc. and continue eating poorly. Not anymore!

Happy to be here! If anyone has similar weight loss goals, let's be friends!

Replies

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi, best of luck to you!

There is a group for folks wanting to lose 100+ where you'll find many caring, supportive friends.

Here's a link: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I lost half my body weight to go from 285-290 to maintain around 145. So can you. Just start with small steps. Take it slow and easy. Make maintainable changes. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    I lost half my body weight to go from 285-290 to maintain around 145. So can you. Just start with small steps. Take it slow and easy. Make maintainable changes. Feel free to add me if you like.
    Agree with this. Small changes can make a huge difference, and tracking is definitely the first step!

I've lost about 90lbs so far (I lost the first 40 prior to MFP), and I still need to lose about another 25-30.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I didn't lose quite that much, but I know a pretty inspirational guy who has lost two healthy adults now. He's had a rough ride of it and is doing remarkably well. If you want to look him up, he's TannunisFred.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) You can do this!
    I've been at it a little over 13 months. I've lost 130 lbs so far and have 30 more to lose.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I didn't lose quite that much, but I know a pretty inspirational guy who has lost two healthy adults now. He's had a rough ride of it and is doing remarkably well. If you want to look him up, he's TannunisFred.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1425154/650-pounds-rambling-introduction/p1