Healthy protein bars

Options
I'm looking for a protein bar that's actually healthy for you. I'm not looking to eat one every day but I'd like to have a couple on hand to snack on for when I get hungry on the go. all the ones I've seen are high in sugar and high in fat. And anybody found one that won't completely ruin my diet?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't label foods healthy or unhealthy, because everything is unhealthy in abundance.

Quest bars. MyProtein has some good protein bars too.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The healthy protein bar is the one that fits into your macro and calorie goals. High in sugar is relative, and high in fat is often due to the nuts in the bar. Being "high" in both is not unhealthy, depending on what you eat the rest of the day.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This one is easy...all of them are healthy in combination with a balanced diet.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. I think it's the best ratio of protein to calories I've seen. Warm them for 9 seconds Ina microwave and they taste decadent. Cookies n Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and S'more are my favorite.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The quest ones are my favorite too. I love the brownie and cookies 'n' cream ones!
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my favorite because they have 20 grams of protein and 16+ grams of fiber depending on the flavor. And the double chocolate chunk only has 160 calories. It doesn't make much sense to eat the protein bars that have 8g of protein and 220 calories when you can have a Quest bar.

And 3g of net carbs if you're into the low carb thing.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    On these boards, the Quest bars will win. They do every time. :)
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Haven't ate many of these, I tried one called muscle brownie I think and it was tasty, high in protien but I don't remember all of the other nutrition facts, I do recall it being high in calories too though.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a protein bar that's actually healthy for you. I'm not looking to eat one every day but I'd like to have a couple on hand to snack on for when I get hungry on the go. all the ones I've seen are high in sugar and high in fat.

Any protein bar that is 15 - 20g protein (or more) will have decent balance; I wouldn't worry about the fat or carb impact much myself.

I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols (look for ingredients ending in "ol") which are found in many protein bars. I prefer to avoid soy protein in processed products too.

I really like the Rise bars https://risebar.com/ - they are made from very few ingredients (a plus and an indicator of whole foods) and they use good ingredients.