Belly flab

JudyP0389
JudyP0389 Posts: 46
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
I have belly flab left over from when I had children. I did lose some significant weight since then but it seems like my flab never goes away. I still have about 60 pounds to go to reach my goal. My belly flab can be lost, right? Or toned up or whatever? This isnt something where surgery like a tummy tuck is needed, is it??

Replies

• hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    I have it too and I'm hoping that I can tone it up and the loose flubbery skin will go away! GL :)
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    It can be toned to some extent. But it is a very longgg........ and slowww......... process. Good luck with your journey. Not trying to get you down, just being honest. I am in the same boat.
  • issabishie
    issabishie Posts: 28
    It very much depends on whether you are left with excess skin once you have lost your weight. The flab itself can be lost through diet and exercise but depending on the elasticity of the skin it may not be able to shrink back with the weight loss and you could be left with excess skin.
    Unfortunately, until you actually get there you aren't going to know whats going to happen.
    I'm in a similar situation but because of the huge damage that was done to the skin across my belly from carrying twins I am aware that its very likely that I am going to end up with excess skin. Its not a thought I relish but its a bridge I will cross if and when I come to it.
    Fingers crossed for you that your skin will snap back. Do your best to keep it toned and moisturised and that will give it the best chance.
    :)
  • CindyN58
    CindyN58 Posts: 39
    I am worried about the same thing. I still have quite a bit of weight to lose, but even so I have this roll of fat I am hoping to lose as well. I am doing exercises to try an decrease it for now.

I have noticed a difference in the roll since I have lost some weight. It doesn't seem to be as thick as it was before. Here's hoping it will disappear all together.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    I have that issues with my inner thighs. Lost the fat, now just have the "jiggles". Not pretty. I am working the muscles to help fill it our somewhere, and it does work to an extent. But like someone else posted, some may just be skin that won't snap back to it's original. [I've carried extra weight for a while now. So will have some extra skin there, under triceps, and when I lose the belly fat, probably there too!] I've never been one to think of drastic measures for "vanity" reasons, however, a year into the process, if I get where I want to be.. and find I have extra skin.. I just "may" go have it taken off. After all the hard work, I guess I look at it more like I earned it! :)

I've often heard to use cocoa butter to deep moisturize and I have to say, in areas where I had light stretch marks, you CAN see the differrence! In areas where I had deeper ones, they are minimized and the skin's tone/color looks mu:flowerforyou: ch better. I'ts not expensive either. You can get 100% solid cocoa butter sticks at some dollar stores. I have Palmer's cocoa butter with Vitamin E. It feels "like butter" so I don't use it all the time. But it nourishes wonderfully.

Good luck!
  • JudyP0389
    JudyP0389 Posts: 46
    I actually did a little research on this after I posted and I read that lotions with collagen and elastin in them are very good for firming the skin. So, I picked up some Vaseline firming lotion with collagen and elastin peptides. We shall see how this works. I'll let ya know!!
This discussion has been closed.