9PM hits and I lose control!

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,879 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat most of my calories in the late evening/night. I still adhere to CICO.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I save whatever treat I have room for in my calorie allotment for the after-dinner hours. Sometimes, that's a stick of cheese, or a bowl of veggies. Other times, it's ice cream sandwiches and fudge bars. If I have the calories left over and I've already ate all the protein and fat I need for the day, I'll go for whatever sugary treat fits.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry after eating dinner, I'm out of calories, and I feel like it's because I want more flavor, something sweet, etc.; I brush my teeth.

This tends to nullify any flavors I have lingering in my mouth after I eat dinner, and if the flavors are still there a quick rinse of Listerine normally takes care of the rest. If it doesn't remove the cravings, then at least you have the extra motivation not to eat "Darn, I really don't want to have to brush again."
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I either get a bottle of water to drink or go to bed. If the craving gets intense, I'll stick to some fruit. I also don't have anything tempting in the house, as I wouldn't be able to resist if it was there.

Same here, but the times I don't buy the snacks my kids and husband are like...where's the cookies, where's the fruit roll ups? Lol so now I just have to control myself, it's really hard though. That's when I usually sabotage my remaining calories...
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and I began to look at my options to control this problem.

1. I had to develop the self control to just say NO. (That didn't work for me)
    2. Keep tempting foods out of the house. (That didn't work because eventually those baby carrots started looking good.)
    3. Go to bed. (Sometimes works but often times a favorite TV show comes on I want to watch)
    4. Exercise. (It actually works pretty well. I do my workouts pretty late at night for this very reason)

I eat dinner around 6:00pm. Clean up, do the dishes, housework. Then around 8 or 9 when I'm starting to get hungry or just get the munchies I hop on the treadmil and do a 30 or 45 min workout. Not hungry after that. I watch TV while on I'm on the treadmil so I can't snack while watching TV (breaks another bad habit). Then shower, brush my teeth and go to bed. Works like a charm.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I just have a hot drink or some water or diet fizzy drink to temporarily fill me up. I don't see any point consuming calories that late in the day, because I know I'll be asleep soon so won't feel the hunger. I'd rather save those calories to eat in the afternoon or whenever else I'm hungry, when I actually have to be awake and feeling the hunger.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I normally have some sort of dessert, usually yogurt with fruit. I try to just close down the kitchen mentally at around 8:30pm. Then I try to be in bed by 10pm. This assures me that I will be hungry in the morning and have a great breakfast!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I buy exactly how much food I need for the week, plan every meal and snack. I am broke so it has to be this way. Once I have eaten my day's allotment of food, that's it because otherwise i would have less to eat the next day. So I try to save something for latter but lately I have been eating everything by 6:00.

I drink a lot of water and black tea. Also I brush my teeth which curbs the desire to eat out of sheer "I don't wanna brush them again."
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just closed my kitchen I hope I can stay away...because I had a good day...it's only 7:20 here ...lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your day to include an evening snack.