Clearing your plate after you're full...

Options
13»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Put less on your plate.

This ^^

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options
    I clean my plate every night... but I also weigh/measure everything that goes on my plate.

And this too! I know exactly how many calories are on my plate, and I know I can eat all of them. :)

• chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to do, I struggle at lunchtime as that is my allocated eating time so I feel like I have to fill up to get me through the afternoon at work. Cannot leave anything on my plate - in case I get hungry later.

If you are open to alternative approaches, paul mckenna's think yourself thin was very helpful. Hypno for eating slower, stopping when full etc.
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bento boxes, smaller plates, kiddie forks and spoons if you need to slow down. I weigh everything..EVERYTHING and log it..I keep a small chrome book near the kitchen so I can either log while I am weighing or feel a great deal of guilt if I try to walk past it without logging and have my cell phone nearby to scan in new bar codes. I have been incorporating a spring mix salad during lunch and/or dinner and the semi bitter greens slow me right down(kills the need more sweet/salty craving)..giving those 'full' signals time to get from my stomach to my brain.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    One of my main struggles during this weight loss journey has been putting my fork down when I've had enough to eat. It's really difficult for me to leave food on my plate even when I'm WAY past the point of being full. I know it's because of a combination of two things - growing up with the idea that we always had to clear our plates (not letting food go to waste) and the fact that I always just want to eat as much as possible, my brain is never satisfied even when my belly is painfully full. I'm really not sure how to stop - any tips, tricks or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Log what is going to fit your goals. Measure as you put on your plate. Eat everything on your plate. The end.