5 Powerful Reasons to Eat Slower

Options
zenhabits.net/5-powerful-reasons-to-eat-slower/

A short but excellent little post from one of my favorite sites.

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I read a similar article last year, a few months after I joined MFP, and I completely agree with all points. I started following the rule of taking at least 20 minutes to eat a meal (just lunch and dinner, my breakfasts are too small to stretch that long) and I instantly started feeling fuller, calmer and enjoying the food that much more since I was taking smaller bites and really tasting all the flavors. It also forced me to move away from eating at my desk while at work and I find that having that extra time while I eat my lunch helps get me refocused to take on the rest of the day.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I like your twenty minute rule. I am guilty myself of rushing my meals. . . . That's why I like to go back and remind myself not to :)
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but can't open my own as you can see I'm behind bars. I've always wondered if, as the article the OP provided above states, "it takes about 20 minutes for our brains to register that we’re full. If we eat fast, we can continue eating past the point where we’re full." I've never took the time to try and find out but I should, what do yall think about this? 
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    y u hef 2 revive necro thredz
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Circumnavigating the rules because of your disciplinary status is unlikely to do what you think it will.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but can't open my own as you can see I'm behind bars. I've always wondered if, as the article the OP provided above states, "it takes about 20 minutes for our brains to register that we’re full. If we eat fast, we can continue eating past the point where we’re full." I've never took the time to try and find out but I should, what do yall think about this? 

I have the opposite problem. I go to an all-you-can eat, have one plate, get full and leave then I'm hungry 20 mins later. Unless I have sushi. 20 minutes after eating that, I want to explode.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options

not sure what necro threads are, but I can't post my own and it was something I was curious about and only saw 1 response so I was looking for additional thoughts. Do you have input on the article or nah?

• mantium999
    Options

not sure what necro threads are, but I can't post my own and it was something I was curious about and only saw 1 response so I was looking for additional thoughts. Do you have input on the article or nah?

The fact that the thread died 4 years ago with only one response didn't give you a hint that it's not something worth discussing?
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »

The fact that the thread died 4 years ago with only one response didn't give you a hint that it's not something worth discussing?

Nope. Your opinion though, I can respect that.

• mantium999
    Options

Free tip- if you are seeking thoughts and opinions on a topic that requires a search, the search result with substantial comments will include plenty of thoughts or opinions. Reading those may provide the answer you seek without reviving an old, dead thread. If there are no recent threads, odds are there is nothing recent to add to the topic.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options

Free tip- if you are seeking thoughts and opinions on a topic that requires a search, the search result with substantial comments will include plenty of thoughts or opinions. Reading those may provide the answer you seek without reviving an old, dead thread. If there are no recent threads, odds are there is nothing recent to add to the topic.

Yup got that from you first remark, 'preciate the elaboration.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    Ok everyone let's let the thread die like it did years ago. sorry that it bothered some so bad...guess it's not worth talking bout...