Big legs

Options
any success stories for ladies with giant legs? Pics? I've never had a shape to my legs & im wondering if anyone else has done what I'm trying to do..

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Not sure about the question. Are you trying too get big legs or do you have them and want to get rid of them?
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lol. Sorry. I see the ambiguity in my question now. My legs are pure fat. Like huge. It's where I carry most of my weight. I'm wanting to trim them down.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Strength training, weight lifting, squats, running, do as many full body exercises as you can. I had big legs when I started working out, then one day I noticed that my legs didn't rub together and I had a "thigh gap" :) You can do it, just be consistent and have patience. Good luck!!
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lol. Sorry. I see the ambiguity in my question now. My legs are pure fat. Like huge. It's where I carry most of my weight. I'm wanting to trim them down.

you can't target fat loss - it is more general and body wide than that. So, just focus on fat loss overall and in time the problem areas will also trim down.
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had big legs and also carry weight in my lower body when heavy. I have lost over 100 pounds, and my legs are the last thing thinning down, but they are much MUCH smaller than they were. My hips slimmed down before my thighs, but it can and will happen as you lose body fat. I wear a size 4 now and my thighs are about 23.5" around largest part at moment. Still working on them! Good luck with your weight loss and thinner leg goal!!
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have big legs. Whenever I lose weight, my legs slim up. Jogging or brisk walking will help. Also jumping jacks, butt kicks and jumping rope will cause you to lose weight evenly, thus your legs will trim down.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs, 6 inches at the hips and 3 inches on thighs. Down from 44 inches to 38, and 26 inch thighs to 23. My legs are still big but there is a huge difference. You can check out my pics in my profile if you want.

I lost weight but also worked on my body composition, lifting heavy weights while on a deficit.
  • LeanJL
    LeanJL Posts: 1,763 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Honestly the best way to slim down legs is through Diet. Cardio and strength training help. But Diet is 80-100% of the equation. You need to be in a calorie deficit
  • arditarose
    Options
    I have big legs. Whenever I lose weight, my legs slim up. Jogging or brisk walking will help. Also jumping jacks, butt kicks and jumping rope will cause you to lose weight evenly, thus your legs will trim down.

That is...not a fact.
  • Miss_Cherry_on_top
    Miss_Cherry_on_top Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm predisposed to have big legs and a big butt. My plan is to make those big areas STRONG so I can own and rock them. I will be entering into a strength training regime incorporating loads of weighted squats and lunges. I don't want to get rid of them (I'll never have a thigh gap and not everyone does) but I'll make them look loads better. I want a nice booty for wiggle dresses and pencil skirts! :wink:
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @arditarose . You're right it's not a fact. If what I said came across that way, I apologize. I didn't think anybody would actual take it as proof. I was just stating what worked for me. Just like you stated what worked for you.
  • arditarose
    Options
    @arditarose . You're right it's not a fact. If what I said came across that way, I apologize. I didn't think anybody would actual take it as proof. I was just stating what worked for me. Just like you stated what worked for you.

s'all good. Just don't want anyone to think you can spot reduce. Jumping rope won't change the way/where you lose fat.
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have pretty big legs. actually, I have a pretty big body! my biggest issue is my jiggly belly but I was just feeling.my legs when I opened this post lol. I have lost 22lbs and am still a fatty but I have to say I LOVE what strength training is doing for my legs! They're still chunky (hey I've only been doing this for 1.5 months) but seeing/feeling new muscle definition is pretty awesome :-) what are you doing for workouts? I agree that diet is what will shrink them but adding muscle will give you great benefits
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Had 25.5 inch thighs, 12 weeks in one is 23 and the other is 24. Just diet, I hurt my knee and it is taking me time to get back into it. You got this!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I too am blessed wit what I affectionally call turbotighs It is the first place where I gain, last place to loose. Ultimately it is a case of a calorie deficit, but it helps to strengthen the muscles in those legs. I do so though excersise (most of them named above) and walking long distance and hiking.

While I accept that I cannot choose where the fat is lost :/ , I can make those muscles stronger and healthier. So far it has helped in the toning so while they most likely will never be model shape, their shape is getting better, nicer and as I loose weight over all, thinner.
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know you can't spot reduce.(don't we all wish) I've been in caloric deficit for 6 weeks as well going to the gym 5 days a week. I do leg press, calf extensions, & hip adductor with weights. I also bike & walk. I can't squat or lunge as my knees are shot & there's still 300 lbs of me. Thank you all so much for your advice & encouragement!
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started with 28.5 inch thighs (I am six feet tall, but still, those are big thighs). I am down to 27.25 inches and there is a noticeable difference in my pants! Yay! For me, it's been weight lifting. I was so scared of making my big thighs bigger by lifting, but when nothing else was working, I gave lunges and squats a try after seeing some "success stories" by women who lifted. It's been about five months of lifting to get those results. I am fully on board the weight lifting train, now! Good luck yo you!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Another thunder thighs, started with 28 inch, now just under 26... and though it's a big difference they still look a little out of proportion. But their shape is loads better, and if I'm gonna have big thighs, I'm gonna have the squat PR that goes with them :D
  • Lisalove5777
    Lisalove5777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs but step class, jogging/walking, lunges and squats seems to make them more shapelier. They are still big but with more definition. The best way to get them down in size and shapelier both is a clean diet ( no toxic sugar and fried foods) lots of water and exercise daily. You can do it. Own it!
  • JackieWalks
    JackieWalks Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Uhh I could have written this post. Iam 140 pounds but my legs look as though they belong on someone 100 pounds heavier than me. I just don't get it. They won't slim down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!