Fighting cravings?

Options
I'm not sure if this is posted in the right forum or not. I really need to lose weight and what happens all the time is I have really bad good cravings and I feel hungry even if I don't. I'd there anything I can do to stop them? It's really making me feel bad that I can't reach my full potential.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't what?
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ignore the cravings!! Or, find an acceptable substitute. And always follow the general rule of getting enough protein to keep full!

Some things I've done in the past:
    I drink tea when I get a craving. Green or berry flavored are my favorites.

When I'm craving processed foods (carbs and sugar, basically) I always grab a kombucha or anything else with probiotics (kefir, some yogurts). There's a reason this works - something about the digestive system and adequate carbs...something (sorry).

I don't find fruit an acceptable substitute for candy and cake, so I have a few tricks I use! When I crave candy, I eat a few ice breakers - the raspberry mint flavor is my favorite. I also used to make imitation cakes using rice cakes! I would melt some chocolate chips onto a rice cake, or add some peanut butter and honey. Add anything you want and it's a smaller version of the real thing!

If you're craving ice cream, try freezing a banana! Similar texture. Or, go for frozen yogurt or something very low cal like Arctic Freeze if you're the type to eat the whole carton (I'm that type). Better, buy or make some fruit popsicles!
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Don't try to substitute your craving for something else. You'll just eat that other thing and still be unsatisfied. I know the feeling, bro. You could try eating a super hot pepper (50,000+ scoville) and destroy your desire to snack. Or you could just willpower your way through it. There really aren't many options.

Make sure you're getting the right amount of calories and tracking everything.